Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I won't spend a ton of time going into detail on how to do these adds, as the garage door opener was a huge PITA. But with a little googling you should be able to figure it out. I'd be happy to offer some tips if needed.

I set up my Android Auto system with a touch screen button, that when pressed opens and closes my garage. I have a MYQ adapter on the door, which was necessary to get this to work (there are other adapters as well that work). Achieved this using IFTTT, Google Home/Assistant, MYQ Lite, and Android Auto.

Also set up FordPass to function via voice commands. Telling my phone "Unlock", "Lock", and "Start Car" will automatically do those things, without me needing to pull out my phone and open the app. Super handy, as I have a base model and no intelligent access. Theoretically I won't need to pull my key out to unlock the car 🤷‍♂️

Haven't seen a ton of talk about the things we can do with some of the tech in these cars, figured I'd share!
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, you younger folks are really smart when it comes to this new technology. I can hardly turn on my computer at times, and you did something like this with one hand tied behind your back. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, you younger folks are really smart when it comes to this new technology. I can hardly turn on my computer at times, and you did something lke this with one hand tied behind your back. :)
Yeah but just think of all the nice things you had around when you were younger.. like the opportunity to buy Apple and Google stock when it began, or pick up houses and property before they increased tenfold 😅 😅 I'd take some of that over being able to do fun shit on my phone lmao.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah but just think of all the nice things you had around when you were younger.. like the opportunity to buy Apple and Google stock when it began, or pick up houses and property before they increased tenfold 😅 😅 I'd take some of that over being able to do fun shit on my phone lmao.

You're right, I guess there is a trade off. Some of those stocks did help get me to where I am today.

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're right, I guess there is a trade off. Some of those stocks did help get me to where I am today.
It's alright, I'm young enough I could have been early entry into Bitcoin and all that jazz, but I just always end up being behind 😅

I blame the car hobby. If I never started buying and liking cars, I'd have been playing around on the computer buying BTC at $1 a coin. Now here we are and I'm still blowing my money on toys instead.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's alright, I'm young enough I could have been early entry into Bitcoin and all that jazz, but I just always end up being behind 😅

I blame the car hobby. If I never started buying and liking cars, I'd have been playing around on the computer buying BTC at $1 a coin. Now here we are and I'm still blowing my money on toys instead.
I get it my friend. If I had some of the money I've thrown into old cars over the past years I'd own Apple. :)

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I won't spend a ton of time going into detail on how to do these adds, as the garage door opener was a huge PITA. But with a little googling you should be able to figure it out. I'd be happy to offer some tips if needed.

I set up my Android Auto system with a touch screen button, that when pressed opens and closes my garage. I have a MYQ adapter on the door, which was necessary to get this to work (there are other adapters as well that work). Achieved this using IFTTT, Google Home/Assistant, MYQ Lite, and Android Auto.

Also set up FordPass to function via voice commands. Telling my phone "Unlock", "Lock", and "Start Car" will automatically do those things, without me needing to pull out my phone and open the app. Super handy, as I have a base model and no intelligent access. Theoretically I won't need to pull my key out to unlock the car 🤷‍♂️

Haven't seen a ton of talk about the things we can do with some of the tech in these cars, figured I'd share!
Do tell more. I like the garage door option and have MyQ. I Googled it and didn't find much at the time as to how to do it.

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do tell more. I like the garage door option and have MyQ. I Googled it and didn't find much at the time as to how to do it.
You'll need a custom application installed onto a SmartThings account called MyQ Lite. Info can be found here. https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ
Once you have this set up, and have a functioning button to open and close your garage door opener in SmartThings, you'll need to go into Google Home and set a Routine. For instance, my Google Routing is "When using Voice Command "GARAGE" Adjust Plugs Lights and More". The plugs lights and more is where you'll find the same Garage Door button you created with MyQ Lite, it looks like a smart light switch. I have the commant Garage to both "turn on" and "turn off" that switch.
From there, in Android auto, you create a "shortcut" that basically uses a voice command, but makes a button for it rather than you speaking the command. Obviously the voice command on mine says "Garage", so when i hit the button, the car basically thinks I'm saying it outloud.

Is definitely complicated. But worth it once I figured it out.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how'd you link up to start the car??

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

how'd you link up to start the car??
Ford pass has native Google Assistant support already.
https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000ac1d2afd15?hl=en-US

Tell your google one of those commands, i.e. " Ask fordpass to start my car ". It will open the google assistant app and have you log in to your Ford Pass account.

Once you are linked and the commands work (It will have you set a 4 digit PIN to use anything for security reasons), go into Google Home, and set a Routine.
First step is to give it a voice command starter. I used "Start Car". The action you need to select is under "Try adding your own", then typing the Ford Pass command "Ask Fordpass to start my car with PIN XXXX".

Make sure to add the PIN you selected when setting up the Ford Pass link.
Essentially you are telling your phone "Ask Fordpass to start my car with PIN XXXX"., but the routine has shortened the command down to one word.

Now when I'm walking to my car, I simply say "Hey Google, Unlock" and it executes the command. Most of the time, my phone hears my voice through my pocket. I tried to set up Google Assistant on my smart watch for easier voice commands, but Galaxy Watches are a huge PITA.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any reason why I would get this message when trying to connect my fordpass to Google? I have a Sas OBX Lux

Screenshot_20220505-182003.png
Sponsored