First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yesterday my 2004 Escape passed inspection. Woo-hoo!

He said he was very generous about passing me. It was very very crusty underneath and he only passed me because I always bring my cars there to be worked on.

The conversation as I got out of my car went like this:

"Is this the Escape we've done a lot of work on? "
"Haha yes it is. But I have a new vehicle that will be made in June."
"What are you getting? "
"The new Bronco."
"Oh man, another Ford? Didn't you learn from your last one? You should have got a Chevrolet."
"But they don't make anything like the Bronco. My other choice was a Wrangler. But I don't want a Jeep."
"A jeep? You'd be better of with what you have than a new Jeep!"

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I guess I know how that mechanic feels about Jeeps.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ouch...but Jeep is the only alternative. There are more 4x4s out there of course, but howany are convertables or open air?

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch...but Jeep is the only alternative. There are more 4x4s out there of course, but howany are convertables or open air?
Yeah he knocked jeep pretty bad but you are right. It's the only alternative and it's what I'm looking for now in a vehicle. If there was no Bronco, I'd already own a Wrangler. I'm psyched to get the doors and top off on my new Bronco!

I have my GTO, did drag racing and autocross a lot. Now I'm looking for offroad. I don't need towing capacity or a major amount of cargo space. The bronco hits a lot of marks that kept my away from a Jeep.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Jeep acronym stands. (J)ust (E)mpty (E)very (P)ocket :cry:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't think I'd even consider owning a Hummer or the like, but Yeah you got me there... But we think Jeeps and Broncos get bad mpg...geeze.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't think I'd even consider owning a Hummer or the like, but Yeah you got me there... But we think Jeeps and Broncos get bad mpg...geeze.
diesel, 13mpg, 65 mph tops. 75mph with a 4 speed. Itā€™s definitely not a daily however itā€™s quite the experience. If your state allows for on-road use you can buy someoneā€™s converted rig for$13-15k. I didnā€™t mess with gov auctions. Too much red tape for me.

oh and it takes two of my garage spaces so the bronco will have to be outside for the months this isnā€™t in storage. Humvee is like owning a land boat.

D11E1C19-5A0D-43F3-A841-9A5C1A5E4C5B.jpeg

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there are a lot of Jeepers former Jeepers in here. Did you have issues with yours? I owned an 89, 90 and 02 and none of them had issues. Granted two of the four had that shitty inline 4 but aside from being dogshit slow that was my only gripe.

I know nothing about Ford and Iā€™ll be the first of my family to own one. What are the biggest complaints against Ford and the ecoboost?

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

diesel, 13mpg, 65 mph tops. 75mph with a 4 speed. Itā€™s definitely not a daily however itā€™s quite the experience. If your state allows for on-road use you can buy someoneā€™s converted rig for$13-15k. I didnā€™t mess with gov auctions. Too much red tape for me.

oh and it takes two of my garage spaces so the bronco will have to be outside for the months this isnā€™t in storage. Humvee is like owning a land boat.

Ford Bronco Funny conversation I had about a Wrangler D11E1C19-5A0D-43F3-A841-9A5C1A5E4C5B
Dayum, I like that. I'm quite sure no one gets in your way when they see that big thang. :)
Sponsored