North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It has been amazing to watch the number of people new to the forum who are attracted to the Bronco and are coming from all sorts of different cars and trucks, from sports cars to family SUVs. Great job to Ford for finding a way to win new market share and grow their customer base. Nevertheless, I predict this is what we will see in future forum posts.

Dateline: Fall 2021

My old car, a...
Mazda​
Porsche​
BMW​
Mercedes​
Escape​
Focus​
SUV​
CUV​
Truck​
Land Rover​

Could do {fill in blank} so much better, I don't understand why Ford had to make the Bronco a competitor to the Wrangler, I need it to do {fill in blank}. My Bronco is now for sale and we will be buying a {fill in blank}.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't we already seen that with the towing? But my F350 does...

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It seems like many people are expecting it to ride like a Lincoln Aviator, tow like an F150, be silent inside, and have room for 7 adults.
Many will be disappointed with the reality of owning a rugged off road vehicle on mud tires.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reminds me of the promise of a time share...

I never owned a jeep but I know plenty who do. I never liked the, let's say "loose" handling of the two doors and I don't want a four door.

Are my expectations grounded and the IFS will solve my one issue with living with a jeep? Am I building it up too much and I'll be disappointed because the two door storage will be just too damn small? Will I be pleasantly surprised?

All I know is after all this I'll go to my grave before I ever admit to my wife I made a mistake ordering...

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like many people are expecting it to ride like a Lincoln Aviator, tow like an F150, be silent inside, and have room for 7 adults.
Many will be disappointed with the reality of owning a rugged off road vehicle on mud tires.
Iā€™m coming from a lifted wrangler with 5.13ā€™s and 37ā€ mud terrains. I feel like my expectations are pretty low, and will be easily surpassed...that being said, i feel like i am the minority here. I will also be wheeling mine right from the start. Lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13702

In fairness itā€™s not often that you buy a car sight unseen. That is bound to lead to regret and frustration. I drove two hours to a dealer event to make sure itā€™s what I wanted as Iā€™m sure many on this forum have. However, I only knew about the dealer event because of this forum, imagine all the people who have ordered going into this blind. Used market will likely be pretty good in a few years.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You do realize there is another mid size SUV off-roader that can take the top off on right? So by even buying a bronco over a jeep you are admitting it's ok for folks to want changes and improvements that best fit their needs over what's currently available?

Yet, you think it's ridiculous when people come to the conclusion that it doesn't fit their needs quite right?

You also have to remember many are buying sight unseen (most negative comments are once folks see them). Plus the last iteration of the bronco that many have in their mind is a vastly different vehicle in size and in some ways performance (cargo room, towing). You really think it's odd that many may have expected/hoped for something similar to the last bronco ever built?

If anything, I'm more impressed by how many folks are still buying it, knowing it isn't quite perfect for them, but is still a hell of a vehicle.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reminds me of the promise of a time share...

I never owned a jeep but I know plenty who do. I never liked the, let's say "loose" handling of the two doors and I don't want a four door.

Are my expectations grounded and the IFS will solve my one issue with living with a jeep? Am I building it up too much and I'll be disappointed because the two door storage will be just too damn small? Will I be pleasantly surprised?

All I know is after all this I'll go to my grave before I ever admit to my wife I made a mistake ordering...
A properly lifted and aligned JK, with corrected geometry after the lift, will not handle loose. It is point and shoot. A stock Bronco will certainly drive better than a Jeep with a budget lift and cheap tires, but if you get the 4 Wheel Parts discount lift special and put it in your Bronco, expect it to ride poorly as well.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™m coming from a lifted wrangler with 5.13ā€™s and 37ā€ mud terrains. I feel like my expectations are pretty low, and will be easily surpassed...that being said, i feel like i am the minority here. I will also be wheeling mine right from the start. Lol.
Me as well:
Right now my biggest concern is top noise.

Everything else should be dandy based on the ride alongs.

Tow like a F350/150 is hyperbole - but it would have been nice to be FJ Cruiser Or 4Runner level of towing beating Jeepā€™s specs. Been living with 3500 for 12 years, why change now?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You do realize there is another mid size SUV off-roader that can take the top off on right? So by even buying a bronco over a jeep you are admitting it's ok for folks to want changes and improvements that best fit their needs over what's currently available?

Yet, you think it's ridiculous when people come to the conclusion that it doesn't fit their needs quite right?

You also have to remember many are buying sight unseen (most negative comments are once folks see them). Plus the last iteration of the bronco that many have in their mind is a vastly different vehicle in size and in some ways performance (cargo room, towing). You really think it's odd that many may have expected/hoped for something similar to the last bronco ever built?

If anything, I'm more impressed by how many folks are still buying it, knowing it isn't quite perfect for them, but is still a hell of a vehicle.
I do not think anyone thinks it is ridiculous for people to want improvements to a vehicle. That being said, increasing towing capability, increasing MPG, improving on road handling, improving ride, increasing interior space, will ALL require compromises to the Bronco's core mission of being a rugged off roader with removable doors and tops. If Ford actually made the Bronco try to satisfy all of those goals, they would just be building another Explorer with an appearance package.

It is obvious from criticisms that a lot of people just want a Ford Explorer that says Bronco on the front. Those people are likely to be disappointed with the Bronco.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think youā€™re spot on and we will definitely see this. Weā€™re getting a Bronco because I miss our old Jeep we once had and I grew up camping, hunting, and fishing out of my dads 1982 full size Bronco.

But weā€™re also holding on to our Audi Q5 so weā€™ll still have a comfortable sporty SUV.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In fairness itā€™s not often that you buy a car sight unseen. That is bound to lead to regret and frustration. I drove two hours to a dealer event to make sure itā€™s what I wanted as Iā€™m sure many on this forum have. However, I only knew about the dealer event because of this forum, imagine all the people who have ordered going into this blind. Used market will likely be pretty good in a few years.
Exactly the reason I did not convert my reservation to an order. Had to see one in person first. Of course, it turned out my reservation date made and order for 21 a non event, so waiting before ordering had no effect on my eventual delivery .

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m all in for downsizing from an Excursion and adding the abilities it has over it. Iā€™m also good with it being smaller and more nimble than my last Bronco (ā€˜88 model). Pretty certain I wonā€™t have any regrets.

I do hope the used market will blow up from those that are disappointed though... having a second one at a budget price would be awesome.šŸ™‚
Sponsored