Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What @Raptor.Tremor.Bronco said is true, but the non-squatch/BL Broncos are the exception to the rule. The control arms are designed to run at Sasquatch height. Beyond that, proceed at your own risk.
You aren't wrong but it's not about the height, it's the geometry and how the height is gained.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little bit of a red flag for me that they only mention base and Sasquatch suspension. Almost like they don't realize BL suspension exists, which doesn't fill me with confidence that they've done much research on the Bronco or actual testing.

Though I may just be reading into things too much.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little bit of a red flag for me that they only mention base and Sasquatch suspension. Almost like they don't realize BL suspension exists, which doesn't fill me with confidence that they've done much research on the Bronco or actual testing.

Though I may just be reading into things too much.
What bothers me about doing spacers on a BL is they say it has the most travel (longer shock stroke I assume), yet is what, .4" lower than Sasquatch? A spacer is a recipe for too much droop on BL IMO.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What bothers me about doing spacers on a BL is they say it has the most travel (longer shock stroke I assume), yet is what, .4" lower than Sasquatch? A spacer is a recipe for too much droop on BL IMO.
Sometimes you need a longer stroke when it droops…

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes you need a longer stroke when it droops…
Until you go too far and bind the CVs. My suspicion is Sasquatch shocks have less stroke than BL to keep the CVs happy.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah... how I see "levelling kits"

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until you go too far and bind the CVs. My suspicion is Sasquatch shocks have less stroke than BL to keep the CVs happy.
I was making an inappropriate joke… You must be fun at parties, haha (kidding)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I'm not even thinking in terms of what options are appropriate for the BL.
Just the fact that they don't even mention it's existence bothers me.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shocks may be different between models, but suspension geometry will likely be the same. If BL CV's don't bind with stabar disconnected, non BL's should not have binding or contact issues. I would only go 1" without geometry corrections, but I personally don't like sacrificing any tire droop especially if you want to rip through the trails at high speed.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... how I see "levelling kits"

Awesome Totally Awesome! (Jeff Spicoli)
Sorry I have no sympathy for the consequences of stupidity :ROFLMAO:

rcman989

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the questions about removing the CV this is due to the nature of disassembling the front end of the vehicle to remove the strut in order to add the spacer. If you have ever worked on a Ranger or F150 you know that it isn't the easiest to remove the strut without having to dislodge the CV from the hub. Also this will help prevent damage during the disassembly / reassembly process for novice mechanics which I am guessing the instructions are wrote for. It is more of a safety measure to prevent the CV shaft from pulling out of the inner joint when trying to get the strut out. Another easy way is to remove the lower studs in the strut since the studs are so long, making it harder to get the strut out.

The lift is split between an upper and lower spacer to make it inexpensive and easier to install without requiring a strut compressor. If only a top spacer is used the top hat needs to be rotated 180 deg which will require a strut compressor which most people don't have. The 1" kit does not require a strut compressor where the 2" kit does due to the holes being 180deg from each other. So a short top spacer is used with the factory studs in the top hat so that it doesn't have to be rotated and a lower spacer is used to net the rest of the lift.

The amount of spacers that can be used is dependent upon factory range of motions of ball joints, CV shafts, tie rod end, and sway bars. There are tons of leveling kits in the market that use this same method and with a company like Zone I am guessing they kept all of that in check when designing the kit. If it requires a UCA or other component it will be included based around looking at their other kits.

Also another comment was about travel. Travel is not affected by adding a spacer to the bottom or top of a strut. Since the travel is determined by the strut with the bump stop on the shaft, none of that changed in terms of actual travel. Yes the ride height and full droop measurement changed by adding the spacers, but the travel remains the same.

I have a lot of experience with these types of kits and installing them. Zone is an awesome brand that makes great products so I don't see why this would be any different.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco FYI: Zone Off-Road is Now Offering Leveling Kits For Bronco 1625946844785

Ford Bronco FYI: Zone Off-Road is Now Offering Leveling Kits For Bronco 1625946900503

Ford Bronco FYI: Zone Off-Road is Now Offering Leveling Kits For Bronco 1625946927082

Came across this on social media.

"Just got the bronco back from zone off-road. They had it for about a week. Trying all different parts and taking pictures for instructions. Ended up with 2 inch spacer kit. Lift front 2 inches and rear 1 inch. Then we went to discount tire and got 35x12.5x18 on 18x9.5 +12mm offset"

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man watching that how to video, Bronco seems SO easy to modify honestly. VS a spacer lift on a wrangler obviously it’s a bit more intensive but not hugely so. And that upper control arm and coilover isn’t bad at all.

I honestly think this is how I would sum it up: Bronco vs Jeep on 33’s is equal, just change the tire and maybe a wheel spacer.. Bronco spacer lift for 35’s vs Jeep, they are basically the same but maybe slightly easier for Jeep? For 37’s? Sounds like you’re changing just springs and MAYBE shocks for the wrangler. Definitely cheaper options with Wrangler are available. It seems like Bronco will be entire new coilovers no matter what to fit 37’s which will definitely be more expensive.

40’s are going to just entirely depend on usage. If you are on a stock wrangler rubicon running 40’s and wheeling hard you will likely have breakages. Bronco is pretty much going to need new upper and possibly lower control arms, coilovers, CV’s, brake line extensions, and likely a few more small parts. Of course, all of this depends on off road use, both have drivetrains capable of dealing with 40’s for the street for the most part. For a Jeep to upgrade to chromoly shafts will likely solve many problems, that will likely not be such a simple equation for Bronco.

Last edited:

boaterboat

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe and Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the 1” kit on the 8th and it shipped today.
Sponsored