Sponsored

G.O.A.T Breakdown! GOAT drive modes availability for each model / trim [projected]

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably to differentiate the Badlands from the Black Diamond a little more. Sport vs. Baja GOAT mode is one of the few differences between them, especially if you Squatch both of them.
I think an average shmuck f/r lockers aren't needed as much besides bragging rights with GOAT modes helping . 33" tires without sas will do . Close to stock will work for most choices .
Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

is traction control something that typically can be controlled manually?
like if I wanted Base, but needed the Mud mode, could I use Sand and just push a button to shut off traction control?

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a little confused on the modes. According to the chart the only models with 4L are badlands and black diamond? So none of the other models can tow off road or climb a steep hill slowly? Sorry ahead of time if this is a dumb question. I'm used to a transfer case with hi and low and thats it. I wish I could get just that

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little confused on the modes. According to the chart the only models with 4L are badlands and black diamond? So none of the other models can tow off road or climb a steep hill slowly? Sorry ahead of time if this is a dumb question. I'm used to a transfer case with hi and low and thats it. I wish I could get just that
The chart is just guesses - not official.
All trims have 4L. The chart is just suggesting that certain modes may put the vehicle into 4L. You can switch between 4L and 4H regardless of mode I believe.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The chart is just guesses - not official.
All trims have 4L. The chart is just suggesting that certain modes may put the vehicle into 4L. You can switch between 4L and 4H regardless of mode I believe.
Thanks. My current ride is a 1984 grand wagoner its pretty basic

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So which mode is for going off road? Meaning trails and such... you don't want the front on, probably the back... just seems odd there isn't one for basically Dirt and/or Ruts. Rock seems a bit worthless only because those advanced enough to do rock crawling most likely won't be using any preset Goats.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the GOAT modes will tweak some things electronically but won't be as important as the Sasquatch package as far as Off-roading capability.

Lockers, Suspension, Gearing, Wheel and tires ,and Ground clearance is what matters.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So which mode is for going off road? Meaning trails and such... you don't want the front on, probably the back... just seems odd there isn't one for basically Dirt and/or Ruts. Rock seems a bit worthless only because those advanced enough to do rock crawling most likely won't be using any preset Goats.
I'm with you. I don't understand the GOAT modes. Just give me 4H and 4L

hoted

First Name
Hoted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So technically, with the OBX, could I engage sport mode while adjusting to 4H and have a "baja" mode?

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So technically, with the OBX, could I engage sport mode while adjusting to 4H and have a "baja" mode?
No. The traction control would not operate the same. Baja is intended for sand, while Sport is presumably intended for pavement.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is a full estimated breakdown of the terrain Management System in the new Bronco aka G.O.A.T. mode.

keep in mind these are only assists. And can be manually adjusted if you so choose.
392F297D-45DA-476E-88B5-ED8777A6DD26.jpeg

also doing some digging. Couldn’t really find a big difference between mud and sand. I’m guessing mud is going to be more aggressive.
Can anyone tell me the difference between "Normal" and "Extra" in the "Trac. Cnt" column?
Thanks

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone tell me the difference between "Normal" and "Extra" in the "Trac. Cnt" column?
Thanks
Since the 2 line items that have that value are "Weather" and "Sand" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess maybe there's an extra level of traction control processing at work in those modes - since they are the most likely to tax traction control.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
You'd have to ask the guy that made up that chart.
It's just early guesswork, based on the F150 Raptor, and should not used as the basis of any decision-making.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since the 2 line items that have that value are "Weather" and "Sand" I'm going to go out on a limb and guess maybe there's an extra level of traction control processing at work in those modes - since they are the most likely to tax traction control.
Maybe but after doing some more reading in the owners manual, wondering if this has something to do with AdvanceTrac.
Sponsored