Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my plan as well. It is a great system that I have been using for several years on my phone for backpacking. I hope it will do a good job with the Bronco now that it works with Carplay.

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use Gaia as well on both my iphone with carplay and a dedicated Sonim XP8 that acts like a handheld rugged GPS unit.

Have nothing but good things to say, especially when you think of all the features you get for the price. With the XP8 I have never noticed any gps reception issues compared to my old Garmin.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone compare to AllTrails? I have never used either but looking to get something...

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone compare to AllTrails? I have never used either but looking to get something...
I am curious about this as well. I have used GAIA GPS for a couple of major hikes and have mixed feelings about it. I probably tried to do too much with it. By that I mean downloading several different types of maps for the same area, which overly complicated switching maps and slowed it way down on my phone; so much so I couldn't use it on my last hike. Looking back, I should have kept it to 2 or 3 key maps (Satellite, imagery only).

Even though I renewed my GAIA account for another year ($40 annual membership), I may splurge and try out AllTrails. However, isn't AllTrails the one that will come with our Bronco soon? I heard they were working on a trail map package for this fall. If not AllTrails, which company?

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am curious about this as well. I have used GAIA GPS for a couple of major hikes and have mixed feelings about it. I probably tried to do too much with it. By that I mean downloading several different types of maps for the same area, which overly complicated switching maps and slowed it way down on my phone; so much so I couldn't use it on my last hike. Looking back, I should have kept it to 2 or 3 key maps (Satellite, imagery only).

Even though I renewed my GAIA account for another year ($40 annual membership), I may splurge and try out AllTrails. However, isn't AllTrails the one that will come with our Bronco soon? I heard they were working on a trail map package for this fall. If not AllTrails, which company?
Oh, I was mistaken...I have used AllTrails on my phone for hiking and it worked very good...I did not attempt to download multiple maps though. And, I have not used it for vehicle off-road.

I too am curious what Ford is offering this Fall...is it confirmed AllTrails?

Is AllTrails the one TFL / LiteBrite rep at the start of their vids? I get that is a sponsorship deal.

Anything else? Garmin, DeLorme etc. and how they compare?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, whatever happened to those trail maps that were supposed to be included with our Broncos?

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How is Gaia compared to maprika?
The off road parks in my area recommend maprika

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Gaia GPS off road maps x Android Auto Compatibility Screenshot_20210909-213403

Marketing's verbage says apps "such as" which makes one think other apps would be compatible. Of course, they also said available late summer. The promised record feature had potential as well.

OP
OP
Homebowlking

Homebowlking

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My oh my would i love to be able to record like ford said we would be able too

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I just did a year subscription to Gaia so we'll see how it goes. Would be nice if the Bronco came with Alexa and Trail maps like they said but maybe it will turn into Telsa promises.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love Gaia gps. Even more so with the recent addition of AA compatability. They are also partnered with Trails OffRoad - another fantastic resource. You can find all the trail info, descriptions, pics and video on thousands of trails. Then, with a single click, upload the route - with all waypoints - straight to your Gaia account.
The two together are an invaluable to anyone heading to the back country.

I use Alltrails for hiking and it is excellent. But it is no where near as good as Trails Offroad for wheeling.
Here is a good look at what they do to map these guides.

Gaia has a great podcast as well
https://blog.gaiagps.com/category/gaia-gps-offroad-podcast/

I know I sound like an advert for these guys, but I find both to be some of the best money I've spent for my wheeling activities.

Last edited: