First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am planning to learn about GAIA GPS. I will use this product as my primary off-road trip planning software. I am hoping to eventually understand how the Bronco software will function for both navigation and trip logging. I assume we may have access to more than just Apple Car Play. With the Lux package, I will have access to the Bronco Connected Built-In Navigation and do not understand if and how that might work with GAIA GPS.

I started by obtaining an annual premium membership to GAIA GPS, loaded the system onto my PC using Google Play and on my iPhone via the app store. Ordered a copy of “Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails, 4th Edition” by Charles A. Wells. Goal #1 will be to craft adventure travel in Area 1. (Ouray, Silverton, Lake City, Telluride)

Identified the YouTube GAIA GPS Playlist of 7 videos for beginners. Thought this would be a great place to start and will focus on iOS videos in the playlist.

Are any other forum members using or planning to use GAIA GPS? For those with prior knowledge, did you find a preferred YouTube instructional video? Any other comments/ideas or helpful hints?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the built-in navigation, or the Trail Maps, will work with Gaia. CarPlay will, though.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been using Gaia for a couple years. I mostly use it for downloading GPS maps ahead of time before backpacking or ski touring. Never used it for finding four wheeling trails or any other kind of roads.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think the built-in navigation, or the Trail Maps, will work with Gaia. CarPlay will, though.
We know GAIA will allow you to download maps to your PC or mobile device. I would like to think you could move the GAIA map to the Bronco Trail Maps software.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have both Gaia and OnX. I have tested both/use both to help my team get to 30+ remote mountain top sites. OnX doesn't integrate with Apple Carplay. Gaia imports/exports better with Google Earth/KMZ/KML files.

Gaia also integrates with Google Maps. You can use Google Maps to get to the trailhead and then switch to Gaia once off road. Gaia has a team version (which I use) that allows me to share multiple locations/tracks at one time.

They both "work" about the same, but Gaia is better with Carplay integration.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If what this story is saying really is the case, that's HUGE! Hope those of us without the bulit in Nav will actually be able to though!
Yes, this is HUGH! The article states the 2021 Ford F150 also has the system. Maybe a link to an online user manual can be located?!

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another thing to think about is the navigation in the Bronco is a subscription service. You would end up paying for both in this scenario.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both Gaia and OnX are having Holiday sales BTW...
What does GAIA cost for a yearly? I’m part of an Overlanding group on fb and know a lot of them use it, I would love to see how it works for tracking my route for Michigan I’m working on.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does GAIA cost for a yearly? I’m part of an Overlanding group on fb and know a lot of them use it, I would love to see how it works for tracking my route for Michigan I’m working on.

Its cheap, $40 a year. Totally worth it and on sale right now.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here you go. Limited time only.

www.gaiagps.com

Vince

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM Gran Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI - It appears GAIA doesn't fully support Android phones. When I tried to use some of the features it said not supported on this device. It could be I am doing something wrong, but have not had much of a chance to take a further look.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FYI - It appears GAIA doesn't fully support Android phones. When I tried to use some of the features it said not supported on this device. It could be I am doing something wrong, but have not had much of a chance to take a further look.
GAIA has a collection of 7 YouTube videos in their playlist. Two of the videos are devoted to android devices. Have you watched those videos?
Sponsored