Sponsored

Gaming the system is causing the back log.

Do you THINK so many people placing multiple orders is causing a lot more back log on Broncos.

• Yes

• No, It makes no difference, Ford just hates me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've searched but couldn't find an thread on this. I know it might not make a huge difference, but I'm still blaming those people.
Sponsored

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

w $100 reservations Ford made it a circus - should have been $1000 minimum

and dealers see reservations as threat to their business - Ford moving to direct sales - so many of the dealers try their best to screw up the reservation holders

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, $500 would have weeded people out for sure.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

and dealers see reservations as threat to their business - Ford moving to direct sales - so many of the dealers try their best to screw up the reservation holders
Much like taxes more skin in game might have mattered. Turned out to be a clusterf*** with insiders winning on the wall street game.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stellantis saw this occurring on their side with many of their premium vehicles as well, primarily on the Jeep 392 and Ram TRX. They began blocking all builds that had multiple orders tied to the same customer address. They recognized that the flippers were consuming dealer allotments at a rapid rate and thus saw the market being driven up artificially. Most dealers would notify customers at order that their order would be automatically cancelled if record checks indicated this was the case. I've often wondered if Ford was doing something similarly but not advertising the fact it was occurring.

Sponsored

dallasobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer required $1,000 for the reservation…

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kind of a catch 22 between dealers screwing over customers or just flat out screwing up orders and buyers maxing out the order banks placing several orders just to cover their own ass in case those dealers try to jack them with adm or mess up their order.

The whole thing is a mess, but there’s plenty of blame to go around. You’ve got big dealerships who were promising well under msrp for early reservation holders to transfer their order to them. Now they’ve got a thousand orders and they’re only getting 10 broncos a month. So those people go out and place two or three more orders from smaller dealerships who have a shorter list of orders. But it’s the small dealerships who seem to be jacking people for adm, so people who ordered from small dealers are hedging their bets by placing orders elsewhere just in case their dealer won’t honor msrp at delivery. Meanwhile, Ford seems to have stopped letting people transfer their orders to other dealers, so if you know your dealership is on the naughty adm list or can’t handle their volume, you have no choice but to go place an order somewhere else if you don’t want to end up with a 7G Bronco. Some of those people cancel their order, some don’t, but either way, it seems like those dealers don’t really cancel the order, so they can sell it for 15k over msrp when it gets there, but that’s just slowing down production for the people who have been waiting patiently. Now to add insult to injury, the raptor golden ticket holders are coming to find out that they’re not really getting Raptors for msrp, but they can’t transfer their order and the reservation they converted may or may not still exist to go back to. Oh yeah, then there’s the fact that Ford just can’t deliver because they can’t get enough parts to finish the broncos they started.

Did I miss anything?

As long as it seemed to take for me, turns out I got lucky being one of the very first of the MY22 first batchers. I was after dirt mountain, before ice mountain, and it was before the wave of second and third orders from each person. I can live with no temperature display on my knobs. Good luck to the people still waiting.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer required $1,000 for the reservation…
Most in Central Texas are requiring a refundable $500 deposit, but I've heard of $1k. They want their name match rate to remain high. Ford requires that 60% of retail orders be sold to the same person who ordered them, as a (weak) means of discouraging dealers from selling customer orders to the general public (those $30k+ ADMs we keep hearing about).

There is a list somewhere on the forum showing which dealers have been honoring MSRP and behaving. Hopefully your dealer is on it!

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got lucky in some respects.

I cancelled my reservation before ordering as it was tied to a dealership that destroyed my '18 Raptor in their service department and refused to take accountability for it in any way, shape, or form. I refused to give them another dime. Went to order a '22 from another dealer but didn't as I wanted AMB and it had been discontinued. Ended up finding almost exactly what I was going to order sitting on a dealer lot, who ordered and modified the vehicle for another customer who backed out. Fortunately as well, as the dealership was into it for the vehicle plus the mods already they were willing to let it go at MSRP plus parts costs for the mods. I know there are good dealerships and good intentions out there, but it only takes one bad one to really mess things up for everyone.

Add in the timing of COVID and the supply chain issues and it's just the perfect storm.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stellantis saw this occurring on their side with many of their premium vehicles as well, primarily on the Jeep 392 and Ram TRX. They began blocking all builds that had multiple orders tied to the same customer address. They recognized that the flippers were consuming dealer allotments at a rapid rate and thus saw the market being driven up artificially. Most dealers would notify customers at order that their order would be automatically cancelled if record checks indicated this was the case. I've often wondered if Ford was doing something similarly but not advertising the fact it was occurring.
If this is actually true I may have just gained some respect for Chrysler.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is actually true I may have just gained some respect for Chrysler.
Absolutely true. Here is a note from back in February when I was considering an order for a TRX. Plenty of other threads about this on the Jeep and TRX forums as well.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 6:38 PM Koons Jeep <[email protected]> wrote:
Jeff,

Thank you for contacting me regarding a Ram truck. I will be more than happy to help you out with this process.

The $10,000 is for factory orders only. So it would be whatever the MSRP, less 10,000, plus tax, tags and 899 processing.

If you are doing a factory order, it would be easier for me if you could go to ramtrucks.com, build out your ideal Ran and attach the PDF to the email here, I can build it out and let you know what the price would be. The link you sent me is not opening correctly, so if you can send me the PDF for your build instead, that would be great.

Now as far as a time frame goes, typical factory orders take 6-8 weeks from the time that order goes into production, however I can not promise that. Once I submit the order to the factory, I have no power of having it built or shipped any quicker.

For any factory order TRX we require a minimum 2k non refundable deposit.

Please note:
1) If you have ordered any other TRX's from any other dealerships, the Factory will cancel all orders.
2) This is not available for leasing. Only finance/purchase

Questions?

Please let me know what I can do next

Thanks,

Craig Benner
Online Forum/Ordering Manager
Koons of Tyson's Corner
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
O- 703-790-0900 EXT 17638
2019 #1 Wrangler Salesman on East Coast
2019 #1 Wrangler Salesman in Mid Atlantic
2019 #2 Wrangler Salesman in United States
2019 #1 Top CEI in Mid Atlantic/East Coast

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Absolutely true. Here is a note from back in February when I was considering an order for a TRX. Plenty of other threads about this on the Jeep and TRX forums as well.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 6:38 PM Koons Jeep <[email protected]> wrote:
Man, I've been a Ford guy pretty much forever, got 5 of them in my driveway, but genuinely may go with a Ram/Jeep next time around. I had a loaner Ram for a couple weeks last year while my Shelby was in the shop (being a Ford, having gremlins) and LOVED it. And with all the bullshit Ford has been pulling the last couple years, I've run out of patience.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I've been a Ford guy pretty much forever, got 5 of them in my driveway, but genuinely may go with a Ram/Jeep next time around. I had a loaner Ram for a couple weeks last year while my Shelby was in the shop (being a Ford, having gremlins) and LOVED it. And with all the bullshit Ford has been pulling the last couple years, I've run out of patience.
I've had a few Jeeps over the years of various makes and models. Lots of Fords (three Raptors, a GT500, other mustangs, Rangers, etc.) I've always done well with what I've purchased. I'm not brand specific but an all around vehicle guy. When I have a specific mission need for a vehicle I find what will best support that mission. While one specific dealership has done me wrong (Malloy Ford, Winchester, VA) I've had success with the ones I ultimately dealt with. Fingers crossed that things break loose in the near future and people start seeing some improvements.
Sponsored