Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s bigger than what I had in my 10,000 sq foot machine shop. 5 bridgeports 12 lathes 2 cnc VMCs 1 cnc lathe. Here’s the Haas VF5-50xt on the way out after selling everything.

I love it. Maybas well get the dryer at that point.

7B8D1058-4803-4CFF-AF29-E8152E6EE6EC.jpeg
🤣 Yeah, I definitely didn’t “need” a 68-gallon tank, even though I was building aircraft parts at the time and using my air drill and air riveter constantly, but I wanted the sound enclosure, so that’s why I bought that model.

Nice Haas, BTW! 😍 I could do some serious damage make some wicked parts with a VF Series 50-taper machine, but I could never justify it and don’t have the room. 😂 I bet you miss it, though. 😢
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good Job. Not sure what the piping system costs, but copper piping from H-D might be an option for someone. I installed mine 20 years ago I used k-type copper pipe. Still holding strong. My setup is similar to yours, but I used coiled hoses from the ceiling and the reel on the wall. I have an 80 gal 175psi Devilbiss compressor and bolted it to the floor as it walked around a bit.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At work we use that piping to supply air to million dollar robotic systems. It's good stuff. We also use IR compressors, but they're just a wee bit bigger at 100hp.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Job. Not sure what the piping system costs, but copper piping from H-D might be an option for someone. I installed mine 20 years ago I used k-type copper pipe. Still holding strong. My setup is similar to yours, but I used coiled hoses from the ceiling and the reel on the wall. I have an 80 gal 175psi Devilbiss compressor and bolted it to the floor as it walked around a bit.
Nice! 😎

I’m still debating whether or not to bolt it to the floor. I still have the rubber isolation pads for the feet. I built the skid below the machine strictly for the move, but it actually works pretty well, if I can dampen the vibration a bit more.

I still have the pricing of the Garage Pak systems that I looked at 18 years ago:
  • The GP Basic Pak was $374.
  • The GP Deluxe Pak (the one I ordered) was $742.
    • I’ve only installed about half of the pipe and couplers so far.
    • I plan to install one more air drop and run piping over to the second bay.
  • The GP Pro Pak was $1,284.
I’m sure that prices have at least doubled since then (maybe tripled?), especially with Pandemic raw materials inflation for aluminum.

Transair no longer refers to them under the “Garage Pak” trade name, but you can certainly buy parts and get quotes on the Transair Aluminum Pipe website.
At work we use that piping to supply air to million dollar robotic systems. It's good stuff. We also use IR compressors, but they're just a wee bit bigger at 100hp.
Just a wee bit! 😉

Last edited:

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤣 Yeah, I definitely didn’t “need” a 68-gallon tank, even though I was building aircraft parts at the time and using my air drill and air riveter constantly, but I wanted the sound enclosure, so that’s why I bought that model.

Nice Haas, BTW! 😍 I could do some serious damage make some wicked parts with a VF Series 50-taper machine, but I could never justify it and don’t have the room. 😂 I bet you miss it, though. 😢
It was a great machine lots of torque, but you can see the industry changing away from torque and deep cuts. It’s all hsm high speed machining and vectoring with cam soctware at high rpm now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a great machine lots of torque, but you can see the industry changing away from torque and deep cuts. It’s all hsm high speed machining and vectoring with cam soctware at high rpm now.
Gotcha. Are you out of the business entirely now, or still operating with newer machinery?

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I Have a similar setup ,use the anti vibe feet ,someday you will leave the compressor on and somewhere you might have a small leak somewhere and at 3 am your compressor will fire up it won't be so bad with the softer feet.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. Are you out of the business entirely now, or still operating with newer machinery?
I got out. For the past 20 years we made mostly parts for power plants. Mostly nuclear, coal, and oil. Almost all of our plants have been closed, and because we can’t talk politics thats all I have to say about that.

we also made site guides for m72 LAWs and yokes for hueys for a short period

currently unemployed looking for something new.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got out. For the past 20 years we made mostly parts for power plants. Mostly nuclear, coal, and oil. Almost all of our plants have been closed, and because we can’t talk politics thats all I have to say about that.

we also made site guides for m72 LAWs and yokes for hueys for a short period

currently unemployed looking for something new.
I’m sorry to hear that. :(

I hope you find something soon. Good luck! 👍

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Beautiful Air installation. I have to think that a pressure washer system might not be far behind!

Ford Bronco Garage Air Compressor and Transair Piping System Obesssed Pressure Washer Setu

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s pretty sweet. My harbor freight compressor and hose reel is a bit jealous 😂
If you got the big 2-Stage compressor (especially if on sale) you got a deal. The compressors on those aren't bad at all, and you can't get a true 2-Stage for less than 2-3x that price. They did save some money on tank thickness, but diligent draining should allow it to last a lifetime.

To the OP, that is awesome. I had to sell my house & shop for a sudden move, and am now dragging a 1“ line across the rental garage for blasting. I'm jealous!

Definitely not overkill if you already had it at that price! For comparison, my uncle is a farmer and needed a lot of air for the winter repairs. He found an old industrial 4-cylinder compressor the size of the bronco engines and mounted it on an old 500 gallon propane tank. THAT was overkill... But the price was right. 😂

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really like that piping system, that's on my 'someday' list for the garage, although if I'm honest with myself my pancake compressor (and several sets of earplugs) are serving me just fine for the time being. Keep threatening to start a riveted aluminum project which would be a damn good excuse, but it hasn't happened yet.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! 😎

I’m still debating whether or not to bolt it to the floor. I still have the rubber isolation pads for the feet. I built the skid below the machine strictly for the move, but it actually works pretty well, if I can dampen the vibration a bit more.

I still have the pricing of the Garage Pak systems that I looked at 18 years ago:
  • The GP Basic Pak was $374.
  • The GP Deluxe Pak (the one I ordered) was $742.
    • I’ve only installed about half of the pipe and couplers so far.
    • I plan to install one more air drop and run piping over to the second bay.
  • The GP Pro Pak was $1,284.
I’m sure that prices have at least doubled since then (maybe tripled?), especially with Pandemic raw materials inflation for aluminum.

Transair no longer refers to them under the “Garage Pak” trade name, but you can certainly buy parts and get quotes on the Transair Aluminum Pipe website.

Just a wee bit! 😉
BOLT IT with thick rubber pads made for installing. Years ago I purchased a Kobalt from Lowes and did not bolt it down at first. If I recall correctly either the head gasket or some other part failed due to the vibration. They actually swapped out for a new one, lowes handled warranty as it was less than a week old.

25 years later it is still bolted down but moisture has always been a problem.

I installed a pipe system in my farm shop but used black pipe screwed together and installed a 6" drop with valve to drain at every vertical drop to quick connects. And when I was done I learned that PEX plastic pipe is rated more than high enough for my compressor.

Will be moving farm shop to detached garage where vehicles are and I love your setup, especially the condensate system

jeff in ohio

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So..... you are choking that compressor with the miniscule size of the filter/regulator. In addition, I would never run an unguarded polycarbonate bowl on a a filter with a 175 psi compressor. That should have a metal bowl on it and should have larger port sizes..
Sponsored