Sponsored

GARAGE DOOR CLEARANCE for fuel carrier ?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm planning a big trip this year and since it is so damn cold right now, I have been holding out on my MODS.

All within sticking to a budget, I have a list of things I need to plan. The Number one thing is some kind of alternative fuel supply for overlanding. Not going to be easy in a 2 door. I'm already on the list for the side carrier mounts. But I need a backup if that doesn't happen in time. I have a 2 door sasquatch with roof rails.

I really wanted to get a rack and just get a couple of rotopax fuelpax. I also want this rig to be dummy proof.

The exact reason I never bought a roof mount bike rack. I can foresee how that would turn out. My garage door is I believe 9', adding anything else to FATHORSE to increase height will not work.
Has anyone seen a basket for the roof rails that is somewhat inset. So the rotopax could set down inside it.

I'm also up to any other suggestions. I really want to keep this on a low budget. So hinge bumper swap is probably out of the story. Those straps that go around the spare might be the only way to go. I'm just worried about thieves.
Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuel storage is always the problem with long trip right.
I will be going with the strap 2 fuel rotopax on the spare, till side window mounts come in. I would try my best to not put weight on top of the rig, want to keep the weight low, the 2 door is going to be tippy enough as it is.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get a motorcycle gas bottle with a long flexible neck to cram in our EZ Fill. Make sure cap doesn't leak or it'll stink. But I've done that a bunch in jeeps.

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Get a motorcycle gas bottle with a long flexible neck to cram in our EZ Fill. Make sure cap doesn't leak or it'll stink. But I've done that a bunch in jeeps.
Are you saying to carry it in the cab?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you saying to carry it in the cab?
I'm saying as an emergency back up if your plan falls through. It's not ideal, but you can carry fuel that way. I guess I've really only done this offroad. It can be risky on highways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't realize you couldn't add more than 3 cross bars to the roof rails.
That would of been ideal because I could of modified as I wanted.
I guess I could drill my own mount holes? Something in the back of my head says its a bad idea. To do something like this.

Ford Bronco GARAGE DOOR CLEARANCE for fuel carrier ? 1645713213229

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This will be on a shortcut when it comes down too it.

Ford Bronco GARAGE DOOR CLEARANCE for fuel carrier ? 1645713876793

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still looking for ideas though!

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I take on the trails.
Ford Bronco GARAGE DOOR CLEARANCE for fuel carrier ? 20211223_182329643_iOS

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what I'm planning on purchasing for my 2-door.

TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco

Ford Bronco GARAGE DOOR CLEARANCE for fuel carrier ? 9c227201-b8ca-4ec1-95d0-60e0d4df77f5-

Ford Bronco GARAGE DOOR CLEARANCE for fuel carrier ? 9c227201-b8ca-4ec1-95d0-60e0d4df77f5-
Yes, this is def. ideal, I'm on that thread. Watching. Presales are for April. Not sure what their turn around time will be with all the trucker problems and commodity issues in the world. But still looking fwd to this. Just need it in time for my trip.

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is what I take on the trails.
20211223_182329643_iOS.jpg
How much was that entire setup? Also is there any way to run a cable to secure lock it in place?
I can see running through the spare through the handles and maybe somehow through the brackets?

Kind of pointless to get the locking spindles when they can just unlatch and take the entire thing off and stroll away.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much was that entire setup? Also is there any way to run a cable to secure lock it in place?
I can see running through the spare through the handles and maybe somehow through the brackets?

Kind of pointless to get the locking spindles when they can just unlatch and take the entire thing off and stroll away.
I bought the mount from EZ Rack - Rock Slide Engineering and bought the rotopax from rotopax directly and purchased them from their blemished stock. The cost of 2 two-gallon rotopax including tax and shipping came to the total of $94.96. Blemished means that there was a visual blemish from the molding process, but it still meets all the other requirements. As for locking, I didn't look into that. :)

OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought the mount from EZ Rack - Rock Slide Engineering and bought the rotopax from rotopax directly and purchased them from their blemished stock. The cost of 2 two-gallon rotopax including tax and shipping came to the total of $94.96. Blemished means that there was a visual blemish from the molding process, but it still meets all the other requirements. As for locking, I didn't look into that. :)
Was watching the blemished stock and they totally sold out of everything that would work. Still on the lookout though! Thanks for the reply though!!!

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was watching the blemished stock and they totally sold out of everything that would work. Still on the lookout though! Thanks for the reply though!!!
Email them on the blemish stock. The site said they were sold out, but I email them, and they found what I needed.
Sponsored