www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finished project
PXL_20210901_014124809.jpg
I’ve been trying to decide what to do about the GD situation. I use CarPlay and I think the opener button will pop up on screen when I get close to home but my homelink adapter is a ways away from my router and loses connectivity frequently. I worry I’ll get locked out at the worst time…. So, I was going to order the complete visor or this one which looks like the one thats in the factory visor.

Until I happened upon your mod

4 things…

1. Bad ass!
2. What did you tap for power?
3. I feel like the switch should be rotated 180 so it’s oriented like the window and mirror switches
4. I wonder if the backlights can be shaded blue to match
Sponsored

rgund13

Outer Banks
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just say “Siri, open (or close) the right (or left) door” and it happens. Chamberlain MyQ with hub connected to HomeKit. Works w/my watch too.
I have an IFTTT action that when I return home, to my small street, it opens the garage door. Triggered through Meross. Also works with my watch. It's great!

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking of hacking in a little switch for a garage door opener.

Then I got to thinking. Would it be possible to wire it into one of aux switches if your Bronco comes with one? I'm not smart enough to know if this is possible or not.
My garage door opener had a spring clip on one side. Clipped it to the sunshade and drove off into the sunset.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My garage door opener had a spring clip on one side. Clipped it to the sunshade and drove off into the sunset.
The only problem with this is that it is a theft risk in an open top vehicle.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just have your garage door opener app on your phone then when you use Apple pay you can access the garage door opener from the app just that simple.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought garage door buttons came standard these days but I guess not!

I'll probably velcro a keychain remote above my visor.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A bit costly, but there's another thread where a guy just purchased the visor that had the garage doors opener in it, and plugged it right in.

Some people have more time than money, other folks are willing to spend a little bit to save time... As of which one you are :)

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A bit costly, but there's another thread where a guy just purchased the visor that had the garage doors opener in it, and plugged it right in.

Some people have more time than money, other folks are willing to spend a little bit to save time... As of which one you are :)
$160 and cutting a hole for a battery powered unit, $330 for the factory visor mount, or less money but more time rigging up something else. I’m in the $330 plug and play camp, but I’m due for a new garage door opener so I might try the Siri option first.

Visor Assembly W/Garage Opener
M2DZ-7804105-CA

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/part-number-for-sunvisor-with-homelink.25917/

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$160 and cutting a hole for a battery powered unit, $330 for the factory visor mount, or less money but more time rigging up something else. I’m in the $330 plug and play camp, but I’m due for a new garage door opener so I might try the Siri option first.

Visor Assembly W/Garage Opener
M2DZ-7804105-CA

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/part-number-for-sunvisor-with-homelink.25917/
It's funny how many people look at two prices but don't actually subtract them. Meeting someone will look at $150 solution and think it's okay, look at a $300 solution and think it's overpriced, But for 150 extra dollars you're not drilling holes in your Bronco or your dash or whatever else, and you know it works (And you know it doesn't work when the key is off)

My plan... Standard garage door opener in the glove box until I can score one of those visors from a crash Bronco :)
Sponsored