Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Set your garage door up on Apple Homekit (Get a garage door that is wifi capable with Apple HomeKit) and it will show up as an option on your Carplay (if you use Carplay) screen right before you pull in your driveway. Pretty slick!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As stated above, you could wire in the aux switch to close the contact in place of pushing the button. The only caveat is that you would have to remember to not leave the switch in the closed position (equivalent of keeping the button on your opener pushed indefinitely) since the Aux switch will be a toggle instead of a momentary switch.
if you were super lazy you could set up a spring to push the aux switch back. but that would prolly be more work than just pulling it back...
1595635565684-png.png

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be cool....but....the garage door opener isn't a switch....it's a signal. So you'd have to figure out how to tap that, and it could only be in the trims with Lux that have it onboard....?
All garage door openers use a switch to activate the signal. You would be replacing a push button with a toggle switch for activation of the signal. You would still need a garage door opener in any situation. The Lux package includes this as well as the switch. In lower packages, you would have to supply the tech and the switch.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All garage door openers use a switch to activate the signal. You would be replacing a push button with a toggle switch for activation of the signal. You would still need a garage door opener in any situation. The Lux package includes this as well as the switch. In lower packages, you would have to supply the tech and the switch.
unless you have one of those newfangled apps lol

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I have the garage door opener for my Fusion, never used it once. Always just used my current button the garage came with
If you have the doors/roof off, you may not want to leave your opener in the car. And it would be a pain to unlock the center armrest all of the time to store it there. One of the little keychain fob openers would be another work around.

Russtang

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a bad idea. The downside would be easy access (by baddies) to open up your garage when your Bronco's top/doors are off.

If I park topless/doorless in my driveway, I'd lock my opener in the center console. Actually, I'd probably just use my phone.

Here's what I have added on to my old garage door openers. I can open/close them wherever I have internet access. Convenient when one of my kids forgets to close the door. :rolleyes:
Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad idea. The downside would be easy access (by baddies) to open up your garage when your Bronco's top/doors are off.

If I park topless/doorless in my driveway, I'd lock my opener in the center console. Actually, I'd probably just use my phone.

Here's what I have added on to my old garage door openers. I can open/close them wherever I have internet access. Convenient when one of my kids forgets to close the door. :rolleyes:
lol, cross wire it with the kill switch and label the kill switch as garage door opener and vice versa. that would be funny imo

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That would be cool....but....the garage door opener isn't a switch....it's a signal. So you'd have to figure out how to tap that, and it could only be in the trims with Lux that have it onboard....?
The button on the remote is mechanical. Open the remote case and solder wires to the contacts for the push button.
Then run those wires to a relay that is controlled by the aux switch.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMPORTANT REMINDER!!! Thanks for that.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The button on the remote is mechanical. Open the remote case and solder wires to the contacts for the push button.
what i was trying to say, but in much less caffeinated, more understandable terms. thank you for translating(y)

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is simple to do, get a small 12v to (insert opener voltage here) transformer and wire it to an AUX switch and wire the output to the opener battery terminals. (if your opener takes a 9v battery there is a 12>9 volt adapter with the same form factor that is a drop in replacement). Then you open the opener and place a small rubber pad on the board mounted contact switch, when re-assembled it holds the button down, so when the AUX switch is pressed it powers the opener. I have done this as I am lazy, just make sure the AUX switch is only powered with the ing on.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need the complexity of a relay, but you will need a step down 12>9 (or three) volt buck transformer unless the opener is 12 volts (most are not)
Sponsored