John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting... I'll have to look into Apple Homelink. I'm using both Google and Alexa for home automation control which both tie to MyQ. This is one reason I'm interested in when the next Ford Power Up release with Alexa is coming.
Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, this looks neat. How do you get the shortcut to show up as a button on CarPlay? I don't yet have my Bronco and google was of no use here.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Android- I would've used IFTTT, but MyQ doesn't like automation stuff like that as a general safety issue...although I haven't looked at int in a few years but of I wasn't getting lux I'd probably just Android auto my screen and myQ my way in.

OP
OP

Cdsielaff

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK, this looks neat. How do you get the shortcut to show up as a button on CarPlay? I don't yet have my Bronco and google was of no use here.
Once it was added to the Home app on my phone, it showed up on the truck’s CarPlay screen. The install process was easy and walked you through the entire setup

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once it was added to the Home app on my phone, it showed up on the truck’s CarPlay screen. The install process was easy and walked you through the entire setup
I bought this exact device for my iphone. For this to work properly, you have to have an Apple hub setup in your home (Homepod, Apple TV, ipad setup as a hub, etc.). I don't currently have anything like that. When I was testing the functionality on my iphone it worked perfect, as long as my phone was on the same wifi as the garage door opener. The problem is that the way carplay works is by setting up a separate wireless network, and your phone connects to that instead of carplay. I still get the icon in carplay, but it can't talk to the wireless device. I can use the "eHomeLife" app on my phone even when I'm not on wifi, so that's what I'm doing for now.

We moved into a new house a while back, and none of the garage door remotes work. It was the same price to order this as it was a new remote.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might need to start a new thread, not sure, but there is a lot of knowledge on here.

I have to drive through a security gate daily, which uses old-school openers with dip switch combinations that are routinely changed for security.

Is there a way to integrate these openers with fords system?
Sponsored