First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is totally ridiculous but it is on the Lux only. I bought a new Ranger FX 4 XLT and no garage door opener. Only on the lariat. I picked up a Nexx garage door kit. Works with your smartphone. I use Android. Work's great, also has geofencing so it automatically opens when I get home.
Here's a link to the item WLDBST mentioned...

https://getnexx.com/products/nexx-smart-garage-nxg200
Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

will the Bronco have an integrated garage door opener? sometimes a button on the rearview mirror. If so, standard, an option??
Tape or otherwise secure the garage door opener button so it’s always on. Then wire a momentary switch to the battery terminal and mount the switch in a concealed place for security. Mount the remote in a concealed place where you can easily get to it to change the battery when needed. Easy peasy.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Today's project: Attempt to get garage door opener connected to wi-fi. See if I can get it working through android auto. I miss my visor, and I'm once again "horse poor." I laughed at everyone who collected parts while they waited. There was actually wisdom there.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, this is officially the strangest thread I have read here.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have Lux Pkg with buttons on my visor. I however just use a small clicker I have had in the last 3 vehicles. It just sits in the area in front of the gear selector --- bin where the wireless charger is. I have no plans on programming the visor button

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree I just use my clicker, Velcro’d down low in front console. Can’t see it, works on feel. Don’t see why people feel need for an integrated visor button.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a Chamberlain brand door opener (Sears, and a few others) look for the MY Q symbol on it. If you have this you can hook up to Apple Home or I am sure Android has some App. I just pull up and say Hey Siri open north door, and like magic my door opens.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you have a Chamberlain brand door opener (Sears, and a few others) look for the MY Q symbol on it. If you have this you can hook up to Apple Home or I am sure Android has some App. I just pull up and say Hey Siri open north door, and like magic my door opens.
That's cool.

My next home, definitely gonna be Smart

Rick28078

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Garage door opener? 1A307407-305A-4E97-B709-5CF34ADD0951

I added a Gentex mirror with Homelink. Cost me $40 on eBay and took 10 minutes to swap out. Looks totally stock.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Garage door opener? 1A307407-305A-4E97-B709-5CF34ADD0951

I added a Gentex mirror with Homelink. Cost me $40 on eBay and took 10 minutes to swap out. Looks totally stock.
That sounds like a great solution and dots look like it could be original. Well done! I didn’t get the lux and I’m not willing to spend hundreds of dollars for ford’s Homelink visor. Is there to the compatible mirror and any installation instructions for the bronco?

Sponsored

Rick28078

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That sounds like a great solution and dots look like it could be original. Well done! I didn’t get the lux and I’m not willing to spend hundreds of dollars for ford’s Homelink visor. Is there to the compatible mirror and any installation instructions for the bronco?
It’s a Gentex 453 off a Nissan Altima, only has 3 wires. Ground, one pos for Homelink and one pos wire for auto-dimming. I wired both pos to the keyed power in the back of the bronco mirror. Soldered and heat shrunk my leads. Done.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree I just use my clicker, Velcro’d down low in front console. Can’t see it, works on feel. Don’t see why people feel need for an integrated visor button.
I can give you a couple of reasons why I like the integrated visor or mirror buttons.

1. I don't have to move the "clicker" around when I want to put something where it's currently sitting
2. If clipped to the visor or elsewhere it rattles and makes noises that irritate me. :D

It literally takes 60 seconds or less to program the visor or mirror buttons. But just like I like them, others don't and can do whatever they want.

js31pilot

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly, I'm not. Using the garage door opener i have will be fine, makes no sense though that a 2021 automobile doesn't have that as standard.
Standard on the Lux 🥴

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got my garage door hooked up to an aux switch.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's another thread on the Toyota mirror, that has a built in battery, for those that don't want to wire one. Takes about three minutes to swap, costs around $130 new.

Shopping Cart | TRDToyotapar (elmoretoyota.com)
Sponsored