Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"If you want mpgs you should buy a"... oh wait. You already covered that. I'll see myself out. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Gas mileage calculator help me get over my concerns R8e2b20f6c939638fed85bc0455b11702

All kidding aside, mid to high teens seems to be the expected real world mpg range on these. That's livable. Probably the difference of one less fast-food meal a week. So, in a way, the Bronco will make us healthier.
Sponsored

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you wear a diaper when you drive? :ROFLMAO: But seriously, I'd like more range as well.
LOL

My family knows they better have all their business taken care of before we leave because once we roll out we're not stopping for awhile. At this point they're well trained. When my kids were little I would often drive through the night while they slept. When we travel with friends I always just meet them at the final destination. They all seem to stop every hour for something which makes the driving portion of the trip last forever. By the time they arrive I'm already checked in, unpacked, and enjoying cocktails.

I really appreciate the range when I go on short trips. I can go to Dallas (3 hours each way) or the lake (3 hours each way) without refueling. This won't be possible with the Bronco but I don't think it'll be on regular road trips anyway.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My average cost of gas goes up to a whooping $16 per fill up. I'm not upset
I drive 65 miles round trip for my commute. Ignoring my current vehicle that gets 33 mpg (real world)..

Say Bronco gets 17 (which it won't if that is the real EPA) and gas is $4, it cost me $15.29 to commute each day.

Same situation but I can squeeze out 21 mpg. That day only cost me $12.38.

That is roughly $60 more a month savings with just a couple mpg gain. (20 days per month).

So yeah...not a deal breaker, but damned if I wouldn't rather take that 60 and do something else with it than give it to the "general fund".

To put another twist, my monthly fuel bill will go from my current $160 per month to $305

Now that hurts no matter where you are from! :cry:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We got a Bronco Sport earlier this year which isn't the same animal but it does have GOAT modes. From our experience the ECO mode doesn't yield much better MPG. It definitely keeps the RPMs down and gives it less throttle response. We live out in the middle of nowhere with very little city driving so my experience may be skewed. With the cruise set on 75 we are dead on 28MPG whether in Sport or Eco mode.
Can't speak to the specific car, but I think at cruising Sport doesn't do anything special. Meaning sport changes how the car accelerates to your cruising speed, but once there, the torque converter locks just as it would in normal mode.

At least that is how my car works. The 1-2 mpg lost is due to the higher shift points.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't speak to the specific car, but I think at cruising Sport doesn't do anything special. Meaning sport changes how the car accelerates to your cruising speed, but once there, the torque converter locks just as it would in normal mode.

At least that is how my car works. The 1-2 mpg lost is due to the higher shift points.
This is almost certainly the case. If you're just cruising at constant highway speed it won't make a difference.

There's only so much to be done for a 5000 lb brick once it's going 70mph.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drive 65 miles round trip for my commute. Ignoring my current vehicle that gets 33 mpg (real world)..

Say Bronco gets 17 (which it won't if that is the real EPA) and gas is $4, it cost me $15.29 to commute each day.

That is roughly $60 more a month savings with just a couple mpg gain. (20 days per month).

So yeah...not a deal breaker, but damned if I wouldn't rather take that 60 and do something else with it than give it to the "general fund".

To put another twist, my monthly fuel bill will go from my current $160 per month to $305

Yeah I only get 23 MPG so it's not a significant change to go down to 19

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the 600+ mile range on my f150. I dont love the 189 mile range of my wrangler (but then again, its mot my DD any longer). All I know is my supercrew 3.5EB (w/ heavy 35” tires, 6” lift, heavy acceleration, start/stop disabled & at high elevation) gets better mpg than my wife’s GC w/ 3.6 and significantly more than my wrangler. Outside of that, I figure the Bronco w/ 2.7 will fall in line around my truck.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Yea....

Bronco shouldn't be your daily driver
Do you have an alternate vehicle?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea....

Bronco shouldn't be your daily driver
Do you have an alternate vehicle?
So ironically, when I was a Ford ignorant consumer, my planes were to sell my current car (vs trading it in) to off set the cost of the Bronco.

Now that I crunch the numbers, and I'm wise to Ford's BS timelines, I'll probably be able to save enough to not "have" to sell my car.

The big question will be whether keeping my current car (with the maintenance and insurance) cost more or less than the extra gas and maintenance with the Bronco?

Good thing is I won't have to sell my car right away and can weigh my options I guess.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So ironically, when I was a Ford ignorant consumer, my planes were to sell my current car (vs trading it in) to off set the cost of the Bronco.

Now that I crunch the numbers, and I'm wise to Ford's BS timelines, I'll probably be able to save enough to not "have" to sell my car.

The big question will be whether keeping my current car (with the maintenance and insurance) cost more or less than the extra gas and maintenance with the Bronco?

Good thing is I won't have to sell my car right away and can weigh my options I guess.
Funny (or not) how all the delays have made most of us change our plans entirely!
Sponsored