First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Diesel gets my vote here. That would be a great hybrid. I would like to have a Ford Troller T4 with a diesel.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

EDIT: Dammit, fell for an old thread.

The day I can obtain 500 miles of range in five minutes is the day I consider electric. Unfortunately battery tech and the power grid just cannot make that happen right now. And what do you do if you need to carry extra energy with you? Jerry Can batteries aren't gong to be a thing.

Now for a lot of people, those are problems they'll never have and electric makes sense for them. They have their place for a lot of (if not most) people. They are certainly not the universal solution, though.

Hybrids are just a compromise between the two, and we'll probably see mild hybrid cars becoming very normal.

E-fuel is an extremely interesting development that's damn-near carbon neutral. The prohibitive cost is the only downside. However, with fusion reactors just around the corner, that cost could come down significantly.

Last edited:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be pretty happy to see my gas version! Don't care about electric until they can do a better job with the miles per charge . . . and no need for diesel.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw NPR, no since to look into it any further.

Oh please, that is so overblown
It's effected few people for short periods of time

The bigger electrical problem is our crappy utility that turns the power off when it's windy so they don't start fires ?

Ca isn't perfect, but it's not like the power is out frequently
In the past 10 years I'd say I've been without power for about 2 hours total
Not the case for me. I have been out multiple days. The last one was out 4 days this year. Power goes down so frequently and for long durations I've wired a backup generator to the house.
YMMV :cool:

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

EDIT: Dammit, fell for an old thread.

The day I can obtain 500 miles of range in five minutes is the day I consider electric. Unfortunately battery tech and the power grid just cannot make that happen right now. And what do you do if you need to carry extra energy with you? Jerry Can batteries aren't gong to be a thing.

Now for a lot of people, those are problems they'll never have and electric makes sense for them. They have their place for a lot of (if not most) people. They are certainly not the universal solution, though.

Hybrids are just a compromise between the two, and we'll probably see mild hybrid cars becoming very normal.

E-fuel is an extremely interesting development that's damn-near carbon neutral. The prohibitive cost is the only downside. However, with fusion reactors just around the corner, that cost could come down significantly.
I think the new f-150 lightning( EV) has a portable gasoline generator for “the range extender”.
Sponsored