Outer Banks
First Name
brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outerbanks sasquatch
Bronco
Outer Banks
Wife got a 4 door outerbanks Sasquatch, came with the running boards/steps. We wanted good flaps on it for all the gravel driving we willbe doing. Of course they were not supposed to fit. Dealer swapped boards from one side to the other, only had to redrill a couple holes on the board mounts themselves and it worked perfectly.
50EE7ECE-C520-427F-AE6B-FBA99C9012F3.jpeg
E08FAED7-414A-4882-8B9F-1131350B3495.jpeg
A7FFEDFD-7D37-4780-BBCB-C3BC8A0A38D9.jpeg
Advertisement

Southern Girl

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4/2021 Outer Banks Bronco
Bronco
Outer Banks
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So switching the running boards allows mud flap installation? Are those the $500 mud flaps?

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did you get the unbranded Gatorbacks?

I'm glad you posted this as Truck Hardware contacted me via IG 2 days ago and mentioned they had a solution for the fitment with the running boards. They were going to post here (likely on the existing thread Removable Mud Flaps).

@Administrator This thread needs to remain visible as it shows the fitment of the Gatorback mud flaps with the factory steps. But as you will note, the linked thread is to the specific post that @bronco3 mentions about fitment that a dealer was trying. Truck Hardware (the supplier) has contacted me via IG to bring attention to the solution. I'm suggesting that this thread remain for visibility but also @Brent pictures and description be merged into the Removable Mud Flaps thread for continuity on the subject for those that are following the development.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Bronco
Outer Banks
Wife got a 4 door outerbanks Sasquatch, came with the running boards/steps. We wanted good flaps on it for all the gravel driving we willbe doing. Of course they were not supposed to fit. Dealer swapped boards from one side to the other, only had to redrill a couple holes on the board mounts themselves and it worked perfectly.
A7FFEDFD-7D37-4780-BBCB-C3BC8A0A38D9.jpeg

Check out the big brain on Brent...
I'm impressed, great ingenuity!

OP
OP

Brent

Outer Banks
First Name
brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
Yes these are the $500/pair flaps, and switching the boards around gave the room needed for them. They came from truck hardware, and our area truck hardware people were at the dealer helping and watching the install.

Scotteasymoney

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

WTF makes them 500?

OP
OP

Brent

Outer Banks
First Name
brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
I forgot to mention, only the horse and “bronco” flaps were available, so my dealer took some all black plates from a f150 flap and swapped them. 👌

and no idea why they are$500. Cause they can is my guess.

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts
Advertisement