Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting a thread dedicated to those who have or thinking about choosing SharpTruck.com Gatorback MudFlaps. Please share your pics, experience, why chose these and any wisdom for others in decision mode. I will share a stock photo I found. I DO understand they are NOT cheap but they seem to fit nicely, work well AND hard to a price on protection for our Broncos. I did call about them and what I learned is the cheapest version is $581 and comes with an unstamped metal plate vs the others have a stamped image the gives royalties to FORD, hence why the climb to $900. I say get blank and put a vinyl decal of your choosing.

Gatorback MudFlaps.jpg
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought the $581 unbranded set and I think they look alright. Sure, the Bronco doesn't look as good as with no mudflaps, but now I don't have to worry so much about rocks hitting my doors or someone driving behind me.

The install instructions suggest taking the wheels off. I don't have a good way to do that so I didn't, and it turned out fine. It was more annoying to install but not impossible. I bought the version that goes with rock rails and the cutout is pretty accurate. It held me back from getting the mudflaps exactly where I wanted them, but they still mounted straight.

One nice thing about them is all the metal components - bolts, nuts, washers, maybe the brackets too - are stainless steel. And the bottom rubber half is removable.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of threads on Gatorbacks already, they have been around the longest and were offered through the Ford store. You can buy them almost anywhere.
Yeah I reviewed many of the threads and hesitated to start this one but was hoping to dedicate one entitled as such and learn from others interested or using.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I reviewed many of the threads and hesitated to start this one but was hoping to dedicate one entitled as such and learn from others interested or using.
I linked an 11 page thread, not sure how much more you will find out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I linked an 11 page thread, not sure how much more you will find out.
Thanks for links. I'm hoping for lots of pics and stories specific to GB as other threads jump off and on the topic and show very few pics and stories of use, etc.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought these as an early mod to my Bronco. Yes, I’d prefer to run no mud flaps, but these are the best mud flaps to get if you must (IMO). I‘d much rather run these vs paint chips up the side of my Bronco. Plus you can remove the bottom flap to regain some clearance while off-road.

Quality built and I‘ve also run these on my Silverado. Loved them on there too.

Ford Bronco Gatorbacks MudFlaps pics & experiences AE06B94F-0118-4CC0-832C-4B381A95B36C

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the gatorbacks about a month ago. It was easier than I thought it would be and I’m no mechanic. I didn’t remove the wheels. Highly recommend.
Ford Bronco Gatorbacks MudFlaps pics & experiences 748E8FB3-B0A9-42C0-86F0-8BD53515017E

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have them in the front only, too expensive to protect tailgaters, just stay off my back ;-)
Install was relatively easy, I also left the wheels on, wasn't too bad, since you can turn them more or less out of the way. Don't know how that would be in the back.

A couple of the plastic clips holding the fender liner in did not unscrew/release, so I cut them with a wire cutter, that was the only complication of sorts. And the print of the instructions is kind of fuzzy, so watching the install videos is definitely a must.

Of course, take the heavy lower rubber part off during install! I used a big piece of cardboard to make my driveway more comfortable, you def want to be able to lie down and kneel a lot. If I had a grass lawn I'd have done the install there.

I like that the ones for Sharptrucks don't have any logos on them, did not like that with the ford ones, I don't need Ford or a horsey all over the truck, and there's really no reason to draw extra attention to mudflaps.

We've had a tiny bit of rain here lately and I have zero dirt/splashes up on the doors, so they definitely do what they're supposed to do.

I'm a little bit concerned when going into rocks, if removing the lower part will be enough to avoid damage, but there's only one way to find out I guess. It is super easy to remove that part, just have to keep track of that little clip.

I wanted something that works since I already have a couple chips in the paint of the doors and some rock hits in the rear fenders. Wasn't a fan of the price, but so far they are still the best option out there from all I've seen.

Two pictures, one with the lower part attached, one with it removed.

Ford Bronco Gatorbacks MudFlaps pics & experiences Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 5.17.38 PM
Ford Bronco Gatorbacks MudFlaps pics & experiences Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 5.17.46 PM

Sponsored

Deleted member 32565

I'd second everyone's comments on the Gatorbacks. I have them just on the front. In addition to everyone's comments, they provide a cutout so you can still easily remove the fender flares without taking off the upper bracket. I was skeptical on the price at first too, but after installing and using, they are worth the extra dollars!

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great stuff/info guys…I did learn something of a bummer today. I plan to install front/rear ARB bumpers and ARB said they will not have supports for the rear mudflaps. Not sure if I fab something up to overcome this but will be motivated to try.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sometimes a new thread is fine. Personally dont want to read 11 pages dating back two years about mudflaps.
The Bronco has only been out in people's hands for 9-10 months.

Lots of pictures in the other threads. Lots of opinions, all positive except for those complaining about price.

I have 2 Broncos, F&R Gatorbacks on both. They fit great, protect the paint, are partially removable for offroading and are well made.