JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi @GearShade - Do you happen to know of any youtube videos showing the install that involves drilling? I'm shopping around for mesh sunshades and yours looks very promising.
Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No way I’m drilling holes in my top and then rely on a 8mm hex to turn them. Those levers are TIGHT on mine and all I can think about is stripping the hole and then being SOL. Why not just put a full slit in the mesh and remove all the drilling/tool nonsense?

JTops for me…just awaiting Raptor version. Might be more $$$ but better coverage, no flapping in the wind and none of the risks/downsides of the install, maintenance or voided warranty.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi @GearShade - Do you happen to know of any youtube videos showing the install that involves drilling? I'm shopping around for mesh sunshades and yours looks very promising.
Our site has some photos of the drilling. There is no video of the drilling operation though.

You can use the soft top version with your hardtop. The add-on plates just make it a little more convenient for the operation from below the mesh. Without the plates, you can simply remove one bungee cord, drop one side of the mesh and reach in to access the twist locks. Then reattach the bungee on that side. Done, Bob's your uncle!

Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No way I’m drilling holes in my top and then rely on a 8mm hex to turn them. Those levers are TIGHT on mine and all I can think about is stripping the hole and then being SOL. Why not just put a full slit in the mesh and remove all the drilling/tool nonsense?

JTops for me…just awaiting Raptor version. Might be more $$$ but better coverage, no flapping in the wind and none of the risks/downsides of the install, maintenance or voided warranty.
You are not drilling holes in the "top", only the removable twist-lock attached to the top.

If, and that is a big if, the hex hole was damaged from use, you can just replace the plate. Putting a slit in the mesh will not work. It is pulled tight with attachment points. A slit will create what we call the Pacman effect, it will always be open. Then the sun gets through and catches a lot of wind.

Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You are not drilling holes in the "top", only the removable twist-lock attached to the top.
I get that, semantics from my perspective. Given the MIC is one of the most constrained items for new builds I don’t want to find myself looking for any parts of things go south. I’m sure it works just fine for many but my top levers are quite tight…don’t see a hex key having enough torque/surface contact for continued and reliable use.

Seems like a slit w a zipper or some other sort of securing mechanism would resolve so many issues and install concerns. I’m sure it’s more complicated than how I see it but just my quick perspective given history with various covers from Jeeps.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get that, semantics from my perspective. Given the MIC is one of the most constrained items for new builds I don’t want to find myself looking for any parts of things go south. I’m sure it works just fine for many but my top levers are quite tight…don’t see a hex key having enough torque/surface contact for continued and reliable use.

Seems like a slit w a zipper or some other sort of securing mechanism would resolve so many issues and install concerns. I’m sure it’s more complicated than how I see it but just my quick perspective given history with various covers from Jeeps.
Mine have worked great for over 9 months. Great product.
Sponsored