First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly not sure where this would go (internal, external, whatever forum area) so if needed please let me know where to move it to. But here goes...

Today I received my mesh to from Gear Shade. (https://www.gearshade.com/). The top is good quality. It also has some sweet zippers on the front corners. I've attached pictures, but please bear in mind that this top was made with measurements from my 2 door in California and sent to them in Florida. So its kind of like trying to tailor a pair of pants from Mars. They did get a chance to properly fit a 4 door, so that's good to go. They are still finishing up 2 door stuff based on my flawed measure sent to them.

It looks like it will easily clear the rear hard top section no problem with the mesh installed. I'll get more pics of it tomorrow. But, a good quality top with good bungee fasteners. I installed it and then tested it out on the freeway at 80mph and it was perfectly fine.

Ford Bronco Gearshade Mesh top 20211110_160839

Ford Bronco Gearshade Mesh top 20211110_160844
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ryridesmotox

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great! Any shots from the interior lookin up? Front or rear row?
I can get some tomorrow. Parked it for the night. And I have to get up early for work.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks pretty good, but I'm not so sure about the solid black triangles above driver and passenger, what's that for? I'd prefer all mesh/clear, especially right above me. Otherwise looks like something I'd be getting, no cross bars and odd zippers like the one from Ford.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

looks pretty good, but I'm not so sure about the solid black triangles above driver and passenger, what's that for? I'd prefer all mesh/clear, especially right above me. Otherwise looks like something I'd be getting, no cross bars and odd zippers like the one from Ford.
The odd zippers on the best top one are for having it installed under the hard top so you can get to the latches. I really love mine!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryridesmotox

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are zipper pockets for storage. It's big enough for a phone, wallet, sun glasses or something.

To be honest, this is my first convertible anything where I'd install a mesh top, and having storage like that is pretty sweet imho. Especially in a 2 door, where convenient storage is... well... not awesome.

OP
OP
ryridesmotox

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great! Any shots from the interior lookin up? Front or rear row?
Here is a rear seat area looking up and forward and a front seat area looking reaward.

I also attached a picture of the zipper pocket. There is one in the front corner on both sides. It's pretty convenient IMHO.

20211111_083444.jpg

20211111_083426.jpg

20211111_083705.jpg

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've been waiting on gearshade to get the hardtop version ready for release. Emailed yesterday for an updated as I've requested a customer printed version. Very prompt in reply that the hardtop has been causing them some challenges and at present they don't have a solution to keep it on while the hardtop is in place. You will need to remove prior to reinstalling the hardtop.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the first thing I added to our Bronco after delivery and haven't touched it since. It works great with the software up or down. If you ever plan to take your softop or hardtop completely off, this is a great add-on to have. Super easy to take off it you want to go full-open, but really nice to have the extra shade most of the time running safari style with no top.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been waiting on gearshade to get the hardtop version ready for release. Emailed yesterday for an updated as I've requested a customer printed version. Very prompt in reply that the hardtop has been causing them some challenges and at present they don't have a solution to keep it on while the hardtop is in place. You will need to remove prior to reinstalling the hardtop.
Thanks for the shots! No crossbar, looks better than the Bestop IMO

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryridesmotox

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a hard top that I need to do some more fitting with tomorrow. But you'll be able to leave at least the rear half of the mesh on. There is a lot of room between the roll bars and the roof. But you just have to use some of the t50s to secure the top. And the front row tops of a 2 door, those will kinda be not awesome to secure the middle locks. But otherwise, yea you should be able to leave it mostly on. I'll get pics tomorrow. It's been a long day

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. Here is a video that provides a comparison of the two. Bestop is saggy and has lines and bars across the middle.

21 Ford Bronco Bimini top review and install - YouTube

A properly installed gearshade is like a trampoline... well in appearance only. ;)

Ford Bronco Gearshade Mesh top IMG_4257
One difference I think is that Bestop allows it to remain in place on an installed MIC and provides access for the roof panels removal. Gearshade fit looks good.

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks pretty good. How is it at high speeds? We have the Bestop one installed and the front couple inches does flip up at high speeds. I do like that on the Bestop we can still have the soft top on with the bimini top after folding back the front 6". Can this one stay on with the soft top up?

OP
OP
ryridesmotox

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks pretty good. How is it at high speeds? We have the Bestop one installed and the front couple inches does flip up at high speeds. I do like that on the Bestop we can still have the soft top on with the bimini top after folding back the front 6". Can this one stay on with the soft top up?
Mine is fine at highway. I have it with thr MIC top on. In order to reach the middle latches, I just reach it from the front. I have a 2 door though. Not sure what the latch system looks like on the center section of the 4 door.
Sponsored