First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Call Gearshade and have them send you replacement metal hooks for the rear straps, so much better!
I'll do that, thanks!
Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll do that, thanks!
I replaced the straps with hooks for 11” bungees with balls (like the other connectors). Got the idea on here somewhere and it’s been working out well.

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone! We want to share a little about our products and our company. We have been making Wrangler sunshade tops since 2012 and MADE IN THE USA. Our tops feature two zippered storage pockets, built right into the mesh, above the driver and front passenger heads. We also offer custom digital printing, right on the mesh!

We now have a new mesh top just for the 6G Bronco! This is a none factory alternative for the Ford/Bestop mesh top.

Currently offer a top for the 4D with the soft-top. For those with the hardtop; you can use the soft-top version of our mesh, but you will have to remove the mesh to reinstall the hardtop. This will take less than one min to do. We also offer a 2D mesh top for the soft-top. This version is available now, and we are working on something specifically for the hardtop. But again, the soft-top version will work with the hardtop if you remove the mesh.

We invite you to check out our site and to stalk our IG page. IF you have any questions please DM us on IG or FB.

www.gearshade.com
IG gearshade
FB gearshade

EDIT: Since this post was started, we have made a few changes to the design. Please refer to the official instructions on our site for proper installation.

https://www.gearshade.com/instructions

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos EC2543A4-1B67-49B1-8964-6C7FB0C87160

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos EC2543A4-1B67-49B1-8964-6C7FB0C87160

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos bronco3

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos bronco4

Love mine! Especially since I got the replacement metal hooks!

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love mine! Especially since I got the replacement metal hooks!
Oh hey, I thought your Bronco looked familiar, I met you at Cars and Coffee this weekend (I had the white Bronco with stripes). Love the flag on yours, I need to get the metal hooks on mine still lol.

Sponsored

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh hey, I thought your Bronco looked familiar, I met you at Cars and Coffee this weekend (I had the white Bronco with stripes). Love the flag on yours, I need to get the metal hooks on mine still lol.
Haha, hey! It was great to meet you and talk all things Bronco :)! And thanks for the info on the spare tire cover...ordering one today! I'll keep an eye out for you on the road and may see you at the Father's day Car show!

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, hey! It was great to meet you and talk all things Bronco :)! And thanks for the info on the spare tire cover...ordering one today! I'll keep an eye out for you on the road and may see you at the Father's day Car show!
Yeah y'all definitely need to come out and show off that sweet Bronco!
Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos Bronco Hill

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like the new metal hooks are an improvement. Would have been nice if @GearShade had mentioned that here, or sent notice to their previous customers. ;)

In any case, I'm happy with my bungee cord setup, so I'm sticking with it. Even with the metal hooks, the buckles for the nylon straps can still rattle against the roll hoop under certain conditions, and the bungees eliminate that problem.

Otherwise, I really like the Gear Shade top, and I very much prefer it over the J-Top. I would not want to have to stick adhesive Velcro all up and down the roll bar. It covers up the body-matched paint - which is one of the cooler features of the Bronco - and I've heard that with the summer heat the adhesive can fail, which could turn the whole thing into a big mess...

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like the new metal hooks are an improvement. Would have been nice if @GearShade had mentioned that here, or sent notice to their previous customers. ;)

In any case, I'm happy with my bungee cord setup, so I'm sticking with it. Even with the metal hooks, the buckles for the nylon straps can still rattle against the roll hoop under certain conditions, and the bungees eliminate that problem.

Otherwise, I really like the Gear Shade top, and I very much prefer it over the J-Top. I would not want to have to stick adhesive Velcro all up and down the roll bar. It covers up the body-matched paint - which is one of the cooler features of the Bronco - and I've heard that with the summer heat the adhesive can fail, which could turn the whole thing into a big mess...
Agreed, I much prefer seeing the roll bars than covering them up too. And the gap at the front of the GearShade just makes sense for accessibility, doesn't bother me at all. Love the GearShade!

Raptor72

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the record my rear straps failed also. I have used a bugee around the rear roll bar but have ordered rings to mod as seen on pg 14.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah y'all definitely need to come out and show off that sweet Bronco!
Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos Bronco Hill
I've been catching your reddit posts. Is this the same spot your daughter was asking if you were going up?

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How quick can you install one of these shades?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you mean from scratch when you buy it new? Or once you have the hardware installed?

It maybe took me an hour to put my new Gear Shade on, but I wasn’t in a hurry and I wanted to make sure everything was on perfect.

Once all the fittings are installed, they stay on the vehicle, and removing and replacing the mesh is simply a matter of hooking your bungee balls onto the fittings. If your top is all the way back (or off), you can easily do this in less than 5 miniutes…

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It really doesn't take long at all - 30-45 mins, that's all. Here's my install video:

Sponsored