Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It really doesn't take long at all - 30-45 mins, that's all. Here's my install video:

Thanks. I guess what I'm asking is what's it's installed how easy it is it to take on and off? about 5 minutes?
Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I guess what I'm asking is what's it's installed how easy it is it to take on and off? about 5 minutes?
Oh yes, absolutely, once you’ve installed the anchors, you can just pop of the bungees and unclip it in just a couple of minutes. Really quick!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As @CUPRA said, once the hardware is installed it takes no time at all. I just put mine on last weekend in maybe 2 minutes. Took it off even quicker. It folds up small enough to store in glove box. I have a hardtop and put this on when hardtop comes off, and take it off before putting the top back on. I don’t want a full time mesh installed.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As @CUPRA said, once the hardware is installed it takes no time at all. I just put mine on last weekend in maybe 2 minutes. Took it off even quicker. It folds up small enough to store in glove box. I have a hardtop and put this on when hardtop comes off, and take it off before putting the top back on. I don’t want a full time mesh installed.
Thanks! I was thinking about the JT top so that I don't have to mess around with it since you can keep it on but then I started thinking that it would be a pain to take the hardtop off solo without being able to lift it up underneath which would add a lot of time anyway.

Does it flap around much or get uncomfortable at highway speeds?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks! I was thinking about the JT top so that I don't have to mess around with it since you can keep it on but then I started thinking that it would be a pain to take the hardtop off solo without being able to lift it up underneath which would add a lot of time anyway.

Does it flap around much or get uncomfortable at highway speeds?
That’s the exact reason I didn’t go with Jtops. I take my hardtop completely off solo. Taking the middle panel off is the hardest part, and with the Jtop there’s no way I could use my method with it installed.

It did start flapping a bit on the highway but nothing crazy. Top off highway is a windy noisy experience without the mesh anyway. I’m only gonna use the mesh in the insane summer months. I ran topless all winter and spring without the mesh and will continue to do so. But the summer sun down here absolutely needs the mesh.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s the exact reason I didn’t go with Jtops. I take my hardtop completely off solo. Taking the middle panel off is the hardest part, and with the Jtop there’s no way I could use my method with it installed.

It did start flapping a bit on the highway but nothing crazy. Top off highway is a windy noisy experience without the mesh anyway. I’m only gonna use the mesh in the insane summer months. I ran topless all winter and spring without the mesh and will continue to do so. But the summer sun down here absolutely needs the mesh.
Well we beg to differ. The hardtop version of the JTops shade gives you access to all the latches. The front can come off, the center and the rear.
Full versatility!
Mike
Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos 1397320C-446F-4047-9F35-C812B8D4608F

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well we beg to differ. The hardtop version of the JTops shade gives you access to all the latches. The front can come off, the center and the rear.
Full versatility!
Mike
Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos IMG_5757.MOV

I think you missed the solo part. The latches aren’t the issue. Have a video of someone taking that middle panel off by themselves with the mesh on?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Full versatility!
Mike
Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos IMG_5757.MOV

No not quite. Taking that middle panel off Solo is much harder.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So do you have the soft top version then?

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I bought the soft top version. They told me they sell a retrofit kit where you can change it to the hardtop version yourself if you ever have the desire.

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos 5BA0F87C-F59D-4F14-9D57-6359CCB336F5
Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos 5BA0F87C-F59D-4F14-9D57-6359CCB336F5
Nice design!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm kind of annoyed with Gearshade as of late. I love the shade but the kit had some hack, half assed parts kit. The "well nuts" to do the front 4 holes were just cut off rubber hose that didn't work as described. I had to go get my own well nuts and hardware that doesn't match the kit. I emailed them, still no response.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you missed the solo part. The latches aren’t the issue. Have a video of someone taking that middle panel off by themselves with the mesh on?
Staker Alert!