Badlands
Unfortunately it’s a copyrighted logo!
B09500A0-72BB-40F3-AC83-20E6904EE75D.jpeg

68E477A7-9BC3-4E2E-B454-70845E1F6290.jpeg

6CD38152-BFDF-4760-9E13-DA3DB7210596.jpeg

CE5A2418-E165-4ED6-A8AE-BC6413C50035.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
Mike,
Not sure if it’s intentional or not, but your kinda trolling your competitors thread.
Sorry just noted JTops came up in keywords search. I’ll refrain. I apologize for not paying attention.
Mike

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After installing, I realized I should have ordered the hardtop version so I could access the locks. :(

Anyways, here it is in action at 70 miles an hour.

Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos CE5A2418-E165-4ED6-A8AE-BC6413C50035

Ford Bronco GearShade SunShade Tops for Broncos CE5A2418-E165-4ED6-A8AE-BC6413C50035

Love mine! Especially since I got the replacement metal hooks!
Oh hey, I thought your Bronco looked familiar, I met you at Cars and Coffee this weekend (I had the white Bronco with stripes). Love the flag on yours, I need to get the metal hooks on mine still lol.
I came on here looking for the center bungee size as I need to replace the mine (ball snapped off) but I also found out that I needed to ask about the metal J-hooks replacements. As someone else mentioned, I do wish @GearShade would communicate updates like this to previous customers.

It was also nice to find a couple of nice looking local rigs. Keeping my eyes open for the next meetup around here (I missed the one in Helotes last week).

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I came on here looking for the center bungee size as I need to replace the mine (ball snapped off) but I also found out that I needed to ask about the metal J-hooks replacements. As someone else mentioned, I do wish @GearShade would communicate updates like this to previous customers.
Someone posted these bungees earlier. I recommend going with these long ones, because if you need one to be shorter you can always pull the knot up through the ball and trim the cord shorter. If you have one that’s too short, there’s nothing you can do about it…

15” bungee cords

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone posted these bungees earlier. I recommend going with these long ones, because if you need one to be shorter you can always pull the knot up through the ball and trim the cord shorter. If you have one that’s too short, there’s nothing you can do about it…

15” bungee cords
I appreciate this. Thanks for the tip!

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having used the shade several times, there needs to be a better way to secure the front middle. Those plastic hooks are not cutting it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having used the shade several times, there needs to be a better way to secure the front middle. Those plastic hooks are not cutting it. Anyone have any recommendations?
In what way are they not cutting it? Are they breaking? Coming loose? Just flopping around too much?

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In what way are they not cutting it? Are they breaking? Coming loose? Just flopping around too much?
Yes, they are too loose and look like they are about to break.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It was also nice to find a couple of nice looking local rigs. Keeping my eyes open for the next meetup around here (I missed the one in Helotes last week).
We have been shipping metal hooks with new tops since 5/1/22. Replacement hooks for tops prior to that date are on a case-by-case basis. Not everyone is having an issue with the original plastic units. So we decided to send out replacements as needed. In fact, we still have tops we made back in Aug 2021 running around town with the old plastic hooks with no issues.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With Fall right around the corner, AKA Topless Driving Weather, we have activated a forum member-only coupon code. :cool:

Enter this code at checkout for your discount "BRONCO6G"

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello everyone! We want to share a little about our products and our company. We have been making Wrangler sunshade tops since 2012 and MADE IN THE USA. Our tops feature two zippered storage pockets, built right into the mesh, above the driver and front passenger heads. We also offer custom digital printing, right on the mesh!

We now have a new mesh top just for the 6G Bronco! This is a none factory alternative for the Ford/Bestop mesh top.

Currently offer a top for the 4D with the soft-top. For those with the hardtop; you can use the soft-top version of our mesh, but you will have to remove the mesh to reinstall the hardtop. This will take less than one min to do. We also offer a 2D mesh top for the soft-top. This version is available now, and we are working on something specifically for the hardtop. But again, the soft-top version will work with the hardtop if you remove the mesh.

We invite you to check out our site and to stalk our IG page. IF you have any questions please DM us on IG or FB.

www.gearshade.com
IG gearshade
FB gearshade

We offer a discount for forum members, use this code at checkout for your discount: "BRONCO6G"

EDIT: Since this post was started, we have made a few changes to the design. Please refer to the official instructions on our site for proper installation.

https://www.gearshade.com/instructions

Is this for 2 door? Can you leave on under hard top and access the T-Tops?

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this for 2 door? Can you leave on under hard top and access the T-Tops?
We have both 2 and 4 door mesh tops. As well as mesh tops for soft and hard tops. The hard top version requires attaching metal plates to the twist locks on your top panels. You can check out our instruction page on our site to get a better idea, and how to install it. These plates, along with an 8MM Allen wrench, allow you to operate the twist locks from below the mesh. Thus allowing you to leave the mesh in place at all times.
Sponsored