Sponsored

Get a Bronco Sport and then trade it for the "real" Bronco?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My gf had a suggestion to get a Bronco Sport to hold me over until the full-size is more readily available, and then trade the sport. ;)
I had thought about doing that if I was pushed back far enough. Luckily I got my VIN. But I had definitely considered it. FWIW Sports are pretty hard to find now, at least in my area.

OP
OP
RobCo

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had thought about doing that if I was pushed back far enough. Luckily I got my VIN. But I had definitely considered it. FWIW Sports are pretty hard to find now, at least in my area.
Since I didn't get a chance to place a reservation or an order, waited too long. I figure I have at least until 2023 now. What is FWIW Sports?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since I didn't get a chance to place a reservation or an order, waited too long. I figure I have at least until 2023 now. What is FWIW Sports?
FWIW = For what it's worth

There are loads of sports in my area. Maybe abandoned orders?

Problem with the plan OP (original poster), is that the sport might not hold value. Sounds like a value-losing proposition.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fwiw= for what it's worth... It's not a new model of Grocery getter

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My brother in law is selling his Sport (1 month old) to Carvana this week and taking my other reservation (9/13 build).

The sport isn't that bad, he liked it. But that hood threw me off while I took it for a spin. Has 2 humps in the middle, that's the one thing I didn't like. Well that and it can only tow 2k pounds. Other then that, it wasn't all that bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobCo

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Broncette.... :ROFLMAO: I like that...

Thanks guys, I probably just keep the Civic until its dead, I get tired of looking at the peeling clear coat, or the 2023 Bronco's come out

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My brother in law is selling his Sport (1 month old) to Carvana this week and taking my other reservation (9/13 build).

The sport isn't that bad, he liked it. But that hood threw me off while I took it for a spin. Has 2 humps Un the middle, that's the one thing I didn't like. Well that and it can only tow 2k pounds. Other then that, it wasn't all that bad.
So what is the net difference between what he paid for it and the selling price to Carvana

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncette.... :ROFLMAO: I like that...

Thanks guys, I probably just keep the Civic until its dead, I get tired of looking at the peeling clear coat, or the 2023 Bronco's come out
Funny, I was going to suggest getting a Civic to tide you over instead. Lol

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My gf had a suggestion to get a Bronco Sport to hold me over until the full-size is more readily available, and then trade the sport. ;)
I wouldn't...I mean, have you seen it in person? I just can't see a dude who is a Bronco type person driving one of those things...your GF, sure. A dude? No. 😐

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what is the net difference between what he paid for it and the selling price to Carvana
I don't recall what he paid... It was MSRP around $35k. He used my MCA x-plan ;) so a hair above invoice and I think invoice really close to MSRP. He may have only made 1 payment so far.. Had it between 4-6 weeks.. If he put anything down maybe like $1500, but I don't think he did.

Anyways, without knowing the numbers, he's walking away with $2200. The vehicle shortage really helped him out.

A week ago I saw a dealer near NYC (but in NJ), had same model with like 4k miles, listing it for $42k....a used Sport that retails for $35k :oops:
Sponsored