Sponsored

Get a Bronco Sport and then trade it for the "real" Bronco?

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't recall what he paid... It was MSRP around $35k. He used my MCA x-plan ;) so a hair above invoice and I think invoice really close to MSRP. He may have only made 1 payment so far.. Had it between 4-6 weeks.. If he put anything down maybe like $1500, but I don't think he did.

Anyways, without knowing the numbers, he's walking away with $2200. The vehicle shortage really helped him out.

A week ago I saw a dealer near NYC (but in NJ), had same model with like 4k miles, listing it for $42k....a used Sport that retails for $35k :oops:
He made out pretty well then. Dealers around our area have a good inventory of Sports so it surprises me that Carvana can get such a high price when they resell
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldn't...I mean, have you seen it in person? I just can't see a dude who is a Bronco type person driving one of those things...your GF, sure. A dude? No. 😐
LMFAO.... since when have you looked around here and thought everyone was a Bronco type person? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

All I see are Tesla, BMW, Porsche & G Wagens! (yeah I'm looking at you @Merc4x4 😁) and don't forget @Bronc-OH with his Subaru ;).

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TIL having a nice car disqualifies someone from being a Bronco type person

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TIL having a nice car disqualifies someone from being a Bronco type person
People can drive whatever they want.
I was laughing at the fact that Bronco type people look a certain way.

And for the record... My 2012 Mustang V6 is a nice car. My 2021 Bronco will be a nice truck.

You don't have to spend a ton of money to have a "nice" vehicle. And personally, I've ridden in BMW's and Benzes... And I hated every one of them. Wasn't impressed, but goes to show, what you may consider nice and what I consider nice are 2 very different things.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought about it back in May but I couldnt get myself to have something with a lawnmower size engine (1.5). Ended up getting a Subaru so we can get a vape subscription.
Oddly enough, I thought that little 1.5l had better acceleration than the 2.3l. Obviously 1 vehicle way heavier than the other... But it moved.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The vocal Broncoratti appear to be interested in the perception of being a Jeep person, but without that icky dirty bit. Someone was trolling hard about Broncos going mall crawler, I don't think they were wrong.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People can drive whatever they want.
I was laughing at the fact that Bronco type people look a certain way.

And for the record... My 2012 Mustang V6 is a nice car. My 2021 Bronco will be a nice truck.

You don't have to spend a ton of money to have a "nice" vehicle. And personally, I've ridden in BMW's and Benzes... And I hated every one of them. Wasn't impressed, but goes to show, what you may consider nice and what I consider nice are 2 very different things.
To be fair, I briefly owned a 2015 Fiat 500e in baby blue and that vehicle screamed "extremely soft and homosexual"

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oddly enough, I thought that little 1.5l had better acceleration than the 2.3l. Obviously 1 vehicle way heavier than the other... But it moved.
I guess, but since I have a 500hp mustang, my perception is skewed and a bit off.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered an A51 Badlands Sport last Oct, finally got it in April and really am happy with it - as a holdover vehicle-. It does everything I want it to on fire roads in the mountains here , I don't ask too too much out of it. I have the optional Falken wildpeak AT3w's and with that and the 2.0l, I took an 800 mile road trip and still averaged 32 mpg doing 70 mph on the highway. Today, I can get more than I paid for it according to Carvana and Carmax. But... I've got a long way to go until the 2 door comes in.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sat in a Bronco sport. It felt smaller than my Subaru cross trek and cramped inside. I’d wait for the real Bronco.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 11 year old Explorer was my placeholder for a 2-Door Bronco, but it died in March. All of the used cars were so pricey that it made buying new more feasible for me. I got the only Sport that was available in my area at the time. Despite what some people say, it's really a fun little car. I drive for work, so the savings on gas make it really worth it. It makes a great placeholder.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My brother in law is selling his Sport (1 month old) to Carvana this week and taking my other reservation (9/13 build).

The sport isn't that bad, he liked it. But that hood threw me off while I took it for a spin. Has 2 humps Un the middle, that's the one thing I didn't like. Well that and it can only tow 2k pounds. Other then that, it wasn't all that bad.
how much carvana giving him compared to what he paid? he gonna make money at all?

dam page 2 got me again didn't read through again my bad sorry
Sponsored