Sponsored

Get a Bronco Sport and then trade it for the "real" Bronco?

Deleted member 3063

lol, OP, anyone thinking it's a loosing proposition hasn't been paying attention to used car prices.

2.0L Badlands are in very short supply but there are some 1.5L models out there.
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sat in a Bronco sport. It felt smaller than my Subaru cross trek and cramped inside. Iā€™d wait for the real Bronco.
Which is strange because if you compare the two on paper, the Bronco sport is larger in every metric. I only know because I was forced to cross shop the two.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what is the net difference between what he paid for it and the selling price to Carvana

The real question being asked is right here....

The public wants to know @EvlNvrDys

We actually got our quoted last week for fun (Shadow Black Badlands, standard interior trim, and tow with over 17k miles, bunch of which offroad) and got 34k. We purchased this in Jan. for roughly 32k out the door. We were shocked we were positive let alone up in value with the mileage we have.

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didnā€™t want a big Bronco until I did the off-Roadeo and got to drive one for two days, I have a sport Badlands on order. For those, orders closed in April you canā€™t order one but you may find one marked up at a dealer. I ordered my sport in March and its not coming until November most likely on hold for a chip.

Sponsored

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This. Get a Jeep or Toyota. They hold value more than a Sport would.
Yeah thats just not true at all. There is a HUGE market for the sport Badlands and FE. They are very off road capable and enough for what most people would use them for. Not everyone wants a huge vehicle when they are street parking in a city nor do they want something with a 17 mpg fuel economy. Just because you donā€™t want one or are one of those who feel their masculinity is threatened by driving a sport doesnā€™t mean there arenā€™t a lot of people out there who do.

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My gf had a suggestion to get a Bronco Sport to hold me over until the full-size is more readily available, and then trade the sport. ;)
Personally, I would buy a new Wrangler if I need to wait for another year or 2, because wranglers do have great resale value. I just don't think the smaller Bronco will be as good. As an example, if you don't want to buy, you can still lease a 4xe which still pretty reasonable for it's price.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Agreed - Wrangler is a much better proposition. It will hold its value past this nutty market in a year or two.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, nah. Iā€™d hate to get into this whole thing:
ā€œOoohhh you got a Bronco?!l
ā€œUmmm, well, itā€™s the Bronco SPORT. Itā€™s not the big Bronco.ā€
ā€œHuh?ā€

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My gf had a suggestion to get a Bronco Sport to hold me over until the full-size is more readily available, and then trade the sport. ;)
That would be like keeping my current GF until a better one came along. šŸ¤”

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ewwwwwwwwww, NO!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all you guys saying a person will lose his shirt or won't get money for the trade in, I guess you haven't actively gone to a dealership lately? There are very few new vehicles to be had. In FL, most dealers are charging "market fees" for many vehicles, or adding even more ADM because the supply is so short.

There are a number of factors at play here including chips and supply chain shortages. Remember there is a shipping container issue where they are all piling up in LA with nothing to put in them to return to China. That means goods can't be shipped here because no containers are available. There is more, but these things are causing the market to be extremely different than we have experienced in our lifetimes.

Be thankful for that price protection right now.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah thats just not true at all. There is a HUGE market for the sport Badlands and FE. They are very off road capable and enough for what most people would use them for. Not everyone wants a huge vehicle when they are street parking in a city nor do they want something with a 17 mpg fuel economy. Just because you donā€™t want one or are one of those who feel their masculinity is threatened by driving a sport doesnā€™t mean there arenā€™t a lot of people out there who do.
This is true. My mom has a sport and I have looked at the sport forum for her. There are plenty of cool builds over there with lifts and bigger tires. They actually look pretty awesome. She has driven the sport down my road which is akin to some of these off road tracks with deep sand, holes, water, etc. (depending on the season) She had no problem with deep sand or water. They have GOAT modes, too.
Sponsored