Sponsored

Get Badlands or go with lower trim + aftermarket parts?

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No front locker on BD but I am definitely considering It also. I like the steel wheels too.
Don’t like the steel shells or the grey hardtop. Thinking about moving up to BL. Build and price will make my decision.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know they haven't released pricing yet but I was curious if you all think it would be cheaper to upgrade a lower trim to essentially a Badlands with aftermarket kits or to just buy the Badlands?

Thanks.
If you are going to essentially replicate the BL then no way it will be cheaper. People need to ask themselves what their true intentions with the Bronco is going to be and gear it towards that. The BL is a lot of rig and overkill for most people on here. My Jeep with just a rear locker, manual disconnects and 35's has seen a lot of trails, rocks and everything I have thrown at it. But I also know its limitations and what it cannot do. I am going BL as I want to go down those more difficult trails that I wouldn't take the Jeep and take that next step in off-roading.

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got an outer banks non-sasquatch (upgraded the tires to 33s, 1" lift) -- and I've been wondering about adding Front Lockers. How much would that cost me? Can't really find something that says 'add front lockers' on Ford's site. Thoughts?

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think about the only thing "more extreme" I'd do over the badlands is like a 2" lift to get slightly bigger tires on it. Would that require replacing a lot of existing components? (I'm a noob.)
If you're a noob then if a stock badlands can't do then neither can you. Get the stock and play around and figure out what you really want.

Coming from a fellow noob :)
Sponsored