TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once you can no longer change the dealer, the ownership of the Bronco moves from Ford to the Dealer to you after production is completed.

This is why it is critical that you to get everything in writing BEFORE you make your final choice about the Dealer. Ideally, this should be from a sales manager, or someone above the sales manager. That price can be MSRP, X Plan, Invoice, under Invoice etc. In addition, make sure you get in writing the doc fee, and your ability to decline “profit padding” items such as VIN etching, fabric protector etc. Otherwise, once the Bronco lands at the Dealer, all bets are off, and they can charge you over MSRP, and/or include the “profit padding” items in the transaction. If you decide to walk, the Dealer will sell it to someone for over MSRP, given the initial demand for the Bronco. Yes, Ford will frown upon that practice, but there’s not much they can do about it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well stated...
Hi Albert, is the X-plan pricing agreement form filled out at time of order or purchase/delivery? My understanding is that all dealer-negotiated items included on the purchase are listed on that form. Would be nice if that was officially squared away at time of order. Thanks!

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once you can no longer change the dealer, the ownership of the Bronco moves from Ford to the Dealer to you after production is completed.

This is why it is critical that you to get everything in writing BEFORE you make your final choice about the Dealer. Ideally, this should be from a sales manager, or someone above the sales manager. That price can be MSRP, X Plan, Invoice, under Invoice etc. In addition, make sure you get in writing the doc fee, and your ability to decline “profit padding” items such as VIN etching, fabric protector etc. Otherwise, once the Bronco lands at the Dealer, all bets are off, and they can charge you over MSRP, and/or include the “profit padding” items in the transaction. If you decide to walk, the Dealer will sell it to someone for over MSRP, given the initial demand for the Bronco. Yes, Ford will frown upon that practice, but there’s not much they can do about it.
You can get everything in writing all you want, but if they don't own up to it there is really very little you can do. Sure you can try to take them to court, but it would be more expensive to do that and they are not legally obligated to honor that quote. A contract is legally binding and no dealer will sign that. Just research the dealer you have your reservation at make sure they have a good reputation

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Albert, is the X-plan pricing agreement form filled out at time of order or purchase/delivery? My understanding is that all dealer-negotiated items included on the purchase are listed on that form. Would be nice if that was officially squared away at time of order. Thanks!

The form is filled out when the vehicle is delivered and the PIN has been given to Ford...

All term and conditions should be (will be at Granger) spelled out prior to ordering any vehicle...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you consider an email from the general manager stating that they’d honor xplan as good enough?
That is up to you, the GM at the store is one of the upper management...

However I would want something from ownership to that effect...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is why everyone should start tweeting and calling Ford.

They should eliminate the Oct 31st Change Dealer date or extend it indefinitely.

There will be no bigger black mark on Ford when they start getting complaints of dealers jerking customers around when it comes time for order and final contract negotiations. @Bronco Dealer has said Ford was trying to rein in dealers from mark-ups.

What better way then to allow customers to change dealers at any time, just like any normal automotive purchase, the reservation process should not put handcuffs on the customers.

Sponsored

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The form is filled out when the vehicle is delivered and the PIN has been given to Ford...

All term and conditions should be (will be at Granger) spelled out prior to ordering any vehicle...
What is Granger planning to do with A/Z pricing?

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can get everything in writing all you want, but if they don't own up to it there is really very little you can do. Sure you can try to take them to court, but it would be more expensive to do that and they are not legally obligated to honor that quote. A contract is legally binding and no dealer will sign that. Just research the dealer you have your reservation at make sure they have a good reputation
This is a perfect reason that anyone looking for a solid discount and can justify reserving outside of their local market should either buy from @StephensAutoCenter or @Granger Ford. They are the only two dealers in the country to transparently make these offers in writing, are mainstays on this enthusiast forum and with possibly hundreds of reservations does anyone really believe they would reneg when it comes time to finalize. Talk about negative reviews and professional suicide!

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a perfect reason that anyone looking for a solid discount and can justify reserving outside of their local market should either buy from @StephensAutoCenter or @Granger Ford. They are the only two dealers in the country to transparently make these offers in writing, are mainstays on this enthusiast forum and with possibly hundreds of reservations does anyone really believe they would reneg when it comes time to finalize. Talk about negative reviews and professional suicide!
Sadly no dealer like this in Canada, as well as absolutely no dealership change allowed from Ford. Out of all the Bronco news/hype this is the one thing that absolutely pisses me off.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sadly no dealer like this in Canada, as well as absolutely no dealership change allowed from Ford. Out of all the Bronco news/hype this is the one thing that absolutely pisses me off.
So, because you live in Canada, Ford does not allow you to change dealers? That does not seem right. I would be ticked too.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can get everything in writing all you want, but if they don't own up to it there is really very little you can do.
yeah in my town they will look at me like I have a 3rd eyeball if I say. “Ok sign a paper promising me this”. I Already called all 4 dealerships. MSRP & X-plan is as good as it gets here.

B&P is gonna tell me if the 1200 mile drive is worth it to a dealer on the forum.
Sponsored