Sponsored

Get everything in writing before you finalize your choice of dealership

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, because you live in Canada, Ford does not allow you to change dealers? That does not seem right. I would be ticked too.
I reserved my Bronco at 1am after reveal night, and selected the dealership closest to me. After trying to initiate contact and get info out of them, I wanted to change dealerships. Since I can't, I had to make a 2nd reservation earlier this month with a much better dealership. Now I a going to have to wait much later into 2021, if not early 2022, for my Bronco all because I can't simply change dealerships in Canada.
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yeah in my town they will look at me like I have a 3rd eyeball if I say. “Ok sign a paper promising me this”. I Already called all 4 dealerships. MSRP & X-plan is as good as it gets here.

B&P is gonna tell me if the 1200 mile drive is worth it to a dealer on the forum.
I'm not trying to be an ass, but I have always been confused when people say they are waiting until B&P comes out to change. What is the rationale? Dont we already know the MSRP and Invoice?

Not that you said you were going to change at the end of October, but if I were changing it would definitely be before the 11th hour as I have a feeling there are going to be tons of calls into Ford on the last day.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not trying to be an ass, but I have always been confused when people say they are waiting until B&P comes out to change. What is the rationale? Dont we already know the MSRP and Invoice?
In my case. Best I can get is MSRP and X-plan. Closest dealer I can find willing to do invoice is a couple time zones away. So at 16 miles per gallon for 1200 miles, a two day minimum hotel stay, four days of food, 23 mpg on trip back. I have to see what total build cost is for my machine.
Remember after the upgrades and add on items a $32 k bronco is gonna be at least $10k more before tax.

So I am waiting for B&P to see more of actual real cost to me dealing with stealership local. Or do I road trip, take PTO time and hassle of getting a better deal. The money might not be worth my time.

nobody is getting their Bronco built till next year. I have time until Halloween deadline so I am waiting for B&P to make informed mistake I meant decision.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which is why I’m switching dealers. Still waiting on the Texas Volume buyers finalizing their plans. So it’ll either be that dealer, or I’m road tripping to Iowa next year.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why everyone should start tweeting and calling Ford.

They should eliminate the Oct 31st Change Dealer date or extend it indefinitely.

There will be no bigger black mark on Ford when they start getting complaints of dealers jerking customers around when it comes time for order and final contract negotiations. @Bronco Dealer has said Ford was trying to rein in dealers from mark-ups.

What better way then to allow customers to change dealers at any time, just like any normal automotive purchase, the reservation process should not put handcuffs on the customers.
I'm one of the few mutants that actually enjoys negotiating on cars, but this is a unique situation.

When we get "locked in" at a dealer before even knowing what kind of a deal we're being locked into, we lose all our power. As the OP said, the dealer has a ton of incentive to simply sell to someone else for a huge markup (esp. for early reservations on a car like this). On some level, it's slimy, but this is real money we're talking about and I'm sure it has to factor into how a dealership operates. Only disincentives are Ford-imposed penalties and reputational impacts- Allowing reservations to shift until the time of delivery would be the natural way to overcome this.

I imagine many are still on the sugar high of excitement around this thing, and the clock is ticking to protect our deals as best we can... that or your new baby could end up being sold at a big markup to someone else after you wait for months in B&P/reservation limbo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Remember after the upgrades and add on items a $32 k bronco is gonna be at least $10k more before tax.
Even when a dealer says they will do X-Plan or MSRP, the worse of them or should I say, the majority of them, will be looking to add $$$ to the upgrades and add on items along with installation labor.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even when a dealer says they will do X-Plan or MSRP, the worse of them or should I say, the majority of them, will be looking to add $$$ to the upgrades and add on items along with installation labor.
Agree- it's only human nature for a dealership to want to juice their profits in anyway they can. I suspect that the really egregious stuff will only happen some here and there, but the majority will add some padding to the price one way or the other and your only recourse will be to walk away. Some will chalk this up to paying to play for this cool new thing, and others will want the best deal they can get. Either way, no one likes surprises.

Last edited:

Bronco007

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t know if this has been posted in any other thread but just in case anyone has questions about changing your reservation to another dealership. I went to a local dealership and they handed me this.

540E4CED-B2B6-49CC-B7CF-BF525253D447.jpeg

CF17D021-A1B1-4F73-9DEA-93E794605E60.jpeg

Sponsored

Max_Brush

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subuaru Legacy Premium 2.5L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Get everything in writing before you finalize your choice of dealership D122C6CA-4C65-4028-8926-B286E8D88CCB

I reserved with my local dealer and this is their “promise”. I’ve been in contact with them a few times and they’ve been fairly transparent with the information they have. Wondering what markups they might throw in though.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is solid advice.

However, when getting the deal in writing, most think only of the purchase price relative to MSRP, invoice, whatever.

But don't forget about the junk fees. Get in writing the amount charged for processing, administration, etc. ... basicially everything except state, county, local-mandated fees. This is where you could get hammered to the tune of many hundreds of dollars.

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell them at that price...it is better than my best offer and those with it will agree, hard to beat the employee price for a vehicle...
So you're selling them at the A/Z pricing if ford allows it, or you're going ahead and committing to it now? I keep getting different answers from my local dealers. Thanks.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're selling them at the A/Z pricing if ford allows it, or you're going ahead and committing to it now? I keep getting different answers from my local dealers. Thanks.

Yes the normal productions vehicles (Bronco lineup being one) all qualify for the plans...

They are not limited production vehicles (Raptor, GT500, etc)

MTBRider22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Cabriolet Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Get everything in writing before you finalize your choice of dealership D122C6CA-4C65-4028-8926-B286E8D88CCB

I reserved with my local dealer and this is their “promise”. I’ve been in contact with them a few times and they’ve been fairly transparent with the information they have. Wondering what markups they might throw in though.
Be very careful with Ricart. It may not be the case now (it's been a few years since I've been in the industry), but they were notorious for all of the gimmicks (mandatory etch & paint protections, ridiculous doc fees, etc.) and their F&I practices really got them in hot water.
Sponsored