First Name
Rion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don’t know if this has been posted in any other thread but just in case anyone has questions about changing your reservation to another dealership. I went to a local dealership and they handed me this.

540E4CED-B2B6-49CC-B7CF-BF525253D447.jpeg

CF17D021-A1B1-4F73-9DEA-93E794605E60.jpeg
Why is the new Dealership Reservation at $0? I get that we get refunded from the old dealership, but should we be concerned that the new dealership has no money from us? Will this threaten our place in line?
Sponsored

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once you can no longer change the dealer, the ownership of the Bronco moves from Ford to the Dealer to you after production is completed.

This is why it is critical that you to get everything in writing BEFORE you make your final choice about the Dealer. Ideally, this should be from a sales manager, or someone above the sales manager. That price can be MSRP, X Plan, Invoice, under Invoice etc. In addition, make sure you get in writing the doc fee, and your ability to decline “profit padding” items such as VIN etching, fabric protector etc. Otherwise, once the Bronco lands at the Dealer, all bets are off, and they can charge you over MSRP, and/or include the “profit padding” items in the transaction. If you decide to walk, the Dealer will sell it to someone for over MSRP, given the initial demand for the Bronco. Yes, Ford will frown upon that practice, but there’s not much they can do about it.
Now you tell me!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the new Dealership Reservation at $0? I get that we get refunded from the old dealership, but should we be concerned that the new dealership has no money from us? Will this threaten our place in line?
I do not know how others will process this but we are waiting to order the Bronco so that we have a place to apply the monies to...

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford should do something where every Bronco delivered to reservation customer gets them an order in the system. Screw people out of reservation bronco and you don't get to order any for dealer stock. If you are such a good dealer that tons of people put reservations in, you get to order a bunch more.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm one of the few mutants that actually enjoys negotiating on cars, but this is a unique situation.

When we get "locked in" at a dealer before even knowing what kind of a deal we're being locked into, we lose all our power.
Elwood I agree its a unique situation and negotiation power is perceived. You can always choose not to order the vehicle based on your reservation. Yes it will delay your acquisition. But it will also negatively impact the dealer from a revenue stand point and their conversion of reservations.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I Googled 'Ford x-plan terms' and found this on the Ford Partner site:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#faq5

A few highlights:
- X-Plan price will be noted on the agreement.
- Document fees are limited to $100/or the state/local limits. (Does Ford pay fees over $100?)
- Dealer-added options must be listed on the pricing agreement.
- State/local sales tax, title and registration fees are extra. (can dealer charge additional admin fees for the title/registration paperwork?)

There's lots more there, the above identifies the costs. Did I miss anything?

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could not agree more. Everyday without B&P and the invoice and plan pricing Is one less day we have to negotiate with several dealers. Once we are locked in to the dealer the only leverage we have is to walk away and with the demand that’s not much.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm accepting donations for my squatch fund if you really wanna give that 100 up. :coffee:

They'll get their money eventually.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could not agree more. Everyday without B&P and the invoice and plan pricing Is one less day we have to negotiate with several dealers. Once we are locked in to the dealer the only leverage we have is to walk away and with the demand that’s not much.
I have yet to make a reservation and patiently waiting on the B&P and invoice & plan pricing, so I can see what price spread is between my builds. (since there are certain things I'd like to have and things I'd rather not have).

I realize I could've reserved at my local dealer, or an in State one, then changed, but trying to talk with them and getting ANYTHING in writing is like trying to negotiate with a brick wall.

The Local one is being rather difficult and won't tell me anything either way on what they'll honor, accept, mark ups, and so on. They keep insisting I come in again to talk things thru and that I should stay with a local reputable dealer (them).

I'm going to keep slowly plugging away and see if they'll offer anything worth while, but I doubt they will and I've pretty much decided that Granger is where I'll end up reserving.

With the fact alone that with what I'd save by avoiding their mark up and dealer add-ons (on average $1800 required dealer add-ons on truck/SUV from what I saw on the window stickers), I could fly out and drive back or have it shipped and still end up paying less.
All of the local dealers near me are notorious for having a minimum of $3000 mark up over those over in Spokane or Seattle/Tacoma side of the Cascades.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Googled 'Ford x-plan terms' and found this on the Ford Partner site:
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#faq5

A few highlights:
- X-Plan price will be noted on the agreement.
- Document fees are limited to $100/or the state/local limits. (Does Ford pay fees over $100?)
- Dealer-added options must be listed on the pricing agreement.
- State/local sales tax, title and registration fees are extra. (can dealer charge additional admin fees for the title/registration paperwork?)

There's lots more there, the above identifies the costs. Did I miss anything?
You have the gist of it...

Ford does not pay anything over the $100 the state/local limits are used if less than $100...

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can ask the dealers now how they will price the vehicle

MSRP
Invoice
Discount from MSRP or Invoice.
X-Plan pricing
Any items I have to get with purchase
Paint protection
Locking lug nuts
Window tint
Etching
etc. etc.

Those are the simple questions that can be answered at this point without knowing what the cost of the options will be...

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can ask the dealers now how they will price the vehicle

MSRP
Invoice
Discount from MSRP or Invoice.
X-Plan pricing
Any items I have to get with purchase
Paint protection
Locking lug nuts
Window tint
Etching
etc. etc.

Those are the simple questions that can be answered at this point without knowing what the cost of the options will be...
Unfortunately, I don’t expect to get honest contractual answers until actual numbers can be put on paper. I have been lied to before. The industry as a whole has a bad reputation.

I’m hoping to avoid buying out of state but if I have to Granger or Stephens will get a call.
Sponsored