Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cue the "so what will you buy to have a fuel efficient daily driver" thread :cool: .. but i was trying to talk myself into something more fuel efficient already.. My JLUR on 35's is already less than stellar on highway trips.. have feeling my BL Squatch will be less fuel efficient than my JL... So surely a Stang with 2.3L is justifiable for its Fuel Efficiency HAHAHAHA... I want FUN but Fuel efficient...

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get ready for gas prices to surge. Our Broncos are going to be hit hard. I believe several things are going to happen as a result:

1). Fewer people are going to be ordering 20 mpg < vehicles.

2). Many Broncos will be sitting at the house.

3). Off roading will become more home based.

4). EV ordering will dramatically increase.

5). There is suddenly going to be a surplus of used Broncos (This may take a few months).

*This is all contingent on the average, national price rising within a few months, to $5 or more a gallon.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or the upside, many people will cancel their orders and we will get our Bronco's faster! This is not the first time gas prices have gone up. I bought the early Durango with a HEMI when gas prices were $4.50 a gallon. Guess what, the HEMI was still a lot of fun and the Bronco will be too. 20 gallon tank costs you $20 bucks more a week or $1000 a year. It's not nothing, but I will give up $3 at Starbucks a day for the Bronco.

Sponsored

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to chime in on this thread if the “no politics” rule is in place - the reason for the high prices is 100% driven by politics.

Check out the cost distribution per litre or gallon of gasoline or diesel, and notice how much of the cost is taxes, how much is refining costs etc. Notice where the largest % cost for a unit of fuel comes from.

That’s a good starting point in understanding why fuel costs have jumped so much in the past few years. We have the libs to thank up here in Canazuela, and I think it should be clear where the levies came from in the US.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 08 when gas hit $4 I sold a beautiful 94 F150 that got about 14 mpg. I miss that truck and won't make the same mistake.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or the upside, many people will cancel their orders and we will get our Bronco's faster! This is not the first time gas prices have gone up. I bought the early Durango with a HEMI when gas prices were $4.50 a gallon. Guess what, the HEMI was still a lot of fun and the Bronco will be too. 20 gallon tank costs you $20 bucks more a week or $1000 a year. It's not nothing, but I will give up $3 at Starbucks a day for the Bronco.
I agree.. Ill give up my daily monster energy drink to offset the cost.. Driving my bronco will be way more fun
Sponsored