Sponsored

Get Sasquatch Package or go aftermarket?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands has the Bilstein shocks. I believe the only things Sasquatch adds to a BL is wheels tires, and a small spacer lift (30mm I believe).

Please correct if I am wrong.
It adds a real lift (stiffer springs, taller shocks)...not a spacer lift.
Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would be nice if you could buy the electronic lockers without getting the Sasquatch.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not only do you get the warranty but you also get a suspension that was designed by Ford suspension engineers for this vehicle without compromise.
HAHAHA. The engineers may have designed something without compromise but that something has gone through bean counters, safety regs, CAFE standards, and "testing" to get to the final product. It's compromised at best.

I'm not saying that aftermarket suspension companies do not have adequate engineers, but anything aftermarket will be designed as an afterthought and is a retrofit. Just like swapping a V8 into the Bronco is possible, it will not be the same thing as a purpose-designed V8 from Ford. For this reason, I personally feel it is worth the premium.
Replacing the suspension is a far cry from ripping the engine out of a vehicle and making it work in another vehicle. Aftermarket engineers aren't constrained by almost any of the above compromises and that almost always results in a stronger, more robust, more comfortable experience.

You lose the warranty coverage on the suspension, obviously. And it's going to cost more than just opting for the factory option. And you can definitely go overboard. There's a fine line between adding capability and ruining the driving experience.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm actually considering the badlands minus squatch for the addl suspension travel. I'm certain aftermarket body mods, and lift will add enough clearance for 35s or better w/out sacrificing any flex. Theres a reason badlands has the best RTI score. Add that to mansquatch delays and manual badlands has all the goodies I want, and possibly a little better starting point for a badass trail rig...not that I think squatch lacks, but more flex is good!
I wonder how much articulation is lost Badlands vs BaseSquatch? 10mm, 20mm? Squatch has longer bumpstops that limit uptravel, but how much? And is the diminished Squatch uptravel compensated by longer shocks/coils/control arms for more droop?

Anyway, either Badlands or BaseSquatch seem like nice packages for daily and offroading compared to trying to match it aftermarket. Matching the factory Bilstein shocks would probably cost $2k+ in parts alone. Remote reservoir shocks front and rear are a very nice factory feature.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how much articulation is lost Badlands vs BaseSquatch? 10mm, 20mm? Squatch has longer bumpstops that limit uptravel, but how much? And is the diminished Squatch uptravel compensated by longer shocks/coils/control arms for more droop?

Anyway, either Badlands or BaseSquatch seem like nice packages for daily and offroading compared to trying to match it aftermarket. Matching the factory Bilstein shocks would probably cost $2k+ in parts alone. Remote reservoir shocks front and rear are a very nice factory feature.
Right...I do wish we could get a side by side comparison of badlands vs sasquatch suspension at the nut and bolt level. My take is the difference is pretty marginal. The possible delay i would have in ordering a badmansquatch and the $2500 upcharge has me weighing options. I could put that $2500 into a winch/mount and have a trail rig thats ready to wheel day 1, and has the capability of adding more meat w/minimal mods? On base and lower trims squatch is definitely a great value though. You definitely get your moneys worth on base! Hope once we take delivery we can get some real world trail reports of basesquatch and badlands on the same trails!

Sponsored

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right...I do wish we could get a side by side comparison of badlands vs sasquatch suspension at the nut and bolt level. My take is the difference is pretty marginal. The possible delay i would have in ordering a badmansquatch and the $2500 upcharge has me weighing options. I could put that $2500 into a winch/mount and have a trail rig thats ready to wheel day 1, and has the capability of adding more meat w/minimal mods? On base and lower trims squatch is definitely a great value though. You definitely get your moneys worth on base! Hope once we take delivery we can get some real world trail reports of basesquatch and badlands on the same trails!
I believe Ford has said it’s a 10mm reduction in uptravel with the squatch due to the bump stops. So less than 1/2 inch.

hoted

First Name
Hoted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At least for the outer banks, squatch gives you the 4.7 gearing. Without the squatch you have no choice but to stick with 4.27.

How would the 4.27 gearing affect driving quality with an aftermarket squatch?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe Ford has said it’s a 10mm reduction in uptravel with the squatch due to the bump stops. So less than 1/2 inch.
Ya, but based on pics we've seen, it looks like there is more to it. The overland concept vehicle is a non-squatch badlands w/aftermarket wheels and 35s. They fit but awfully snug! Whereas pics of squatch seem to have more clearance. I know its all preproduction frankenunits at this point, would be nice to know exactly what each package gets me so I can decide!

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else had second thoughts on not getting Sasquatch package on Bronco?
Pricing seems high when you can do the same at lower cost. The wheel are bead lock capable which means you still have to buy aftermarket kit from Ford performance to do this. A set of 35" tires are that expensive. The shocks are not even Fox racing shocks. I have been trying to figure out if I want to do upgrades after getting Bronco.
Copy pasted from a post nearly identical to yours.

Here are some points to consider:

- The shocks are Bilstein. They're a great brand. Any cursory Google search will lead to high praise and professional performance grades. Subjective performance issues aside, they are exceptionally high quality.
- Sasquatch comes with upgraded suspension. To do those after market (system and lifts + mounts, conservative labor costs) it will cost you around $600 to $700.
- Rear locking differential, easily another $1200 to $1600 if you go after market.
- 35 inch mud tires, if you're not getting the absolute cheapest (quality and price) tires you're going to spend about $1700 on 5 tires plus mounting, balancing and stems.
- Changing your gearing is going to easily cost you $700 to $1500 in the aftermarket. That's assuming you don't have any problems. Unforeseen issues with gearing upgrades can drive up the price a lot faster than you realize.
- Offsetting the wheels. $89 ~ $149, priced locally, DFW area.
- Changing the fenders. Unknown cost. But keep in mind, that Ford changes your fenders and spacing to accommodate the tires and travel as well. Four fenders could be pretty expensive.
- Bead lock Capable wheels might be something you want also. There's another $700 to $1200.

You're looking at $6200 to $7500 in the aftermarket. That's before spacers and fenders, since I can't fetch an accurate market price for those. And without bead lock wheels.

That's also without me adding in the addition drive programming and switches that are added to the dash by Ford when you upgrade to Sasquatch.

There's a reason why so many people think the Sasquatch package, including myself, is a "No brainer." It's simply a great, great value for what you're getting.

And it's ALL covered under the factory warranty. HUGE. Huge deal right there.

If you replace your suspension system with aftermarket and something goes wrong that suspension could VOID your factory warranty on everything it's connected to. You might think I'm overexaggerating, but I'm not.

One more thing, and it's really a good thing: If you decide later on that you don't like the look and feel of 35s, you can swap out to a smaller MTR or AT 33" or 32.4" tire and still have all that performance and capability at your disposal.

Not to mention, resale value is going to be higher on a "true" Sasquatch. And people will be able to tell easily.

Hope that helps. ? (y)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be nice if you could buy the electronic lockers without getting the Sasquatch.
I'd like to see that and the M210 on the Black Diamond, you know, the one they market as being next level offroading. The 210 should be standard on it anyways.

A. NO way you can recreate the entire Squatch package for 5 or 6K, even if you did everything yourself....NOT gonna happen. The lockers alone run 800 to 1000 EACH.
If you're going to offroad, get the Squatch.
If you're going to MallCrawl with 35's or 37's...get the Squatch.
According to the tech reps/test drivers, nothing over 32" on the M190 ...get the Squatch.

B. Badlands IS Squatch on 33's (plus disco swaybar) ...... minus beadlocks and 35's.
BadSquatch also adds a bigger bump stop to limit up travel to keep the tires out of the sheetmetal, among other things already discussed.

kodiakjack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X-4, Toyota Highlander, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My problem is I got my hands on an OBX, jumped on it, and now I am wondering if I can get a SAS-package or go aftermarket and pay for lift, suspension, wheels, tires, and gear work done on the transfer case and differential. I would have much rather purchased with a vehicle build but I couldn't wait...found a Bronco (only one available in Alaska) and figured I will drive it until I could iron out the mods-plan!
Sponsored