Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep imports their manual as well. But at least its not from China and from a country known for excellent quality.
Ford Bronco Getrag 7 speed manual built in China Screenshot_20201127-090452_Drive
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeep imports their manual as well. But at least its not from China and from a country known for excellent quality.
Ford Bronco Getrag 7 speed manual built in China Screenshot_20201127-090452_Drive
I dunno we here in the states like to think everything is quality in the usa and everything else is crap,well i get the rooting for the home team and all but i saw a guy in the phillipines hammer out a .45 cal pistol out of junk sheet steel ,and hand file parts to make an incredible gun.

Deleted member 13702

Ford's left me in a conundrum. I test drove a 2019 ranger with 2.3l the other day to see if the power output would be sufficient. It came with the 10 speed auto. It was a terrible transmission. Every time I came to a stop the transmission would lunge as it downshifted, feeling like it was surging forward with a loss of control. This would be unacceptable when off-roading. It lead me to do some more research and I came across several articles on the transmission problems from the 10 speed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...-2020-ford-ranger-regarding-transmissions/amp

On top of this, I had a 2005 ford explorer that had it's automatic transmission go out at 50,000 miles. It put me off ford for a while and also made the manual seem like the obvious choice. However, I'm leary of it due to the problems the mustang had, and the potential for quality control issues from the Chinese Factory.

Guess in the end I'm looking for some insight from people off-roading with the 10 speed auto. Have you had problems, how many miles do you have on your rig, what's your thoughts?

Strat48

Outer Banks
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Built in China vs built in USA means almost nothing on its own. Both countries turn out some great products, both countries turn out some crap products, and everything in between. Simply where it’s made doesn’t determine that. Plus it’s not like the auto isn’t going to have Chinese parts on it. Sure the transmission is put together here, but are all the pieces inside it made here? And what about the rest of the vehicle? Most “American Made” vehicles are less than 80% actually made in America, some way less(supposedly as low as 30% on some models even in recent years from all 3 American car brands). Japanese brands built in America use as much if not more American parts as the American companies now.
So simply that it’s made in China doesn’t bother me. It could be a crap transmission sure, it could also be a great transmission. But even a crap manual transmission is better than any auto to me.
Ch

Strat48

Outer Banks
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Made by the communist party slaves, no thanks

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it funny how Chinese-made still freaks people out. You can get good or bad quality parts made in any country, US included. If the part is of sound design, using quality components and built by skilled workers, I'll buy it. There are plenty of trash products coming out of the US - and they cost 4x.

Kilgore

Badlands
First Name
Kilgore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Chinese getrag 7mt in my Badlands makes more noise than a rock crusher when cold. Not happy that I waited almost 2 years and spent north of $50k for something that wakes the neighbors.

Ford, you have to get a handle on this.
Sponsored