First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Things go wrong with any vehicle, and parts fail, and warranties exist or aftermarket parts exist. Ford admitted faults to their dual clutch offerings (as a result of class action lawsuit, not voluntarily) and there have been recalls on vehicles. This happens.
it sounds like a nightmare when it does happen
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...a-transmission-settlement-buyback/3486344001/

I'm hoping they ensure this never happens again, or at least now they will burn the evidence for their sake
Sponsored

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I own a 2012 Mustang GT with the manual MT82 transmission. Never had an issue although I’m not doubting others did. The fact that lawyers found 364 complaints and filed a class action lawsuit is not surprising but that means nothing in reality. There are probably about 100k happy owners that would argue against just looking at how long the tranny has been installed and the take rate on Mustangs. The crappy Fiesta/Fusion Powershift transmissions were made in Mexico but the problem with those is design not materials. There are good Chinese mfg and bad, just like any country. Ask Scotty Kilmer what he thinks of Nissans or German cars. Not that I always agree with him... I plan on have a manual with my Bronco.