Sponsored

Getting leather seats wet - how bad is it?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough.

But you were poking fun at a group of people, guess Crimson Tide fans, or us Southerners, so just letting you know weā€™re not a bunch of irrational people down here. Overacting with your guns gets you in prison or dead.

Nothing wrong with a guy concerned about his carry holster and damaging his car seats; itā€™s a thing. He wasnā€™t getting political, many Americans carry no matter their politics.

This is a forum for Bronco enthusiasts and we come from everywhere, all different backgrounds, female and male and this is what makes everything better here. People with guns doesnā€™t make them bad or good, just people.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I realize I mentioned the vinyl but I meant to to include the leather also. I have cloth in my f150 and im also left handed so I usually carry in the waistband but at my back because I carry a baby desert eagle .40 and itā€™s a tat on the large side. I havenā€™t had any problems with the cloth seats but I donā€™t know what to expect from the leather and vinyl
Man, thatā€™s a big boy you walk around with, impressive.

I take them off when in the car. My gut is too big for that these days. Think youā€™ll like the vinyl even more than cloth, itā€™ll be very durable.

Chuckster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would rate as not a big deal, Girlfriend and I hop out of the ocean into the truck, turned the heated seats on and go. Other than typical wear there are no stains or issues.
Ditto - kids are in and out of my wife's leather seated SUV all the time from either the pool or ocean after surfing. Constantly have wet suits in her leather seats and just dry the excess water when you get out and I don't think you have anything to worry about. Now if if you get caught in the rain and they don't get to dry out for a day or so, I don't know, maybe that is different.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The leather will likely be very durable. I've had multiple Ford products (Platinums, Mustangs and my current Raptor) that all came with factory leather. Thing is, there is a "covering" on the leather most automakers use these days to protect the leather and all you have to do is clean it once in a while. I remember my first 2009 Platinum F-150 with leather and I was using Lexol to clean/condition, but the conditioner would not penetrate into the leather because of this clear protective coating over the leather...used to be the King Ranch came with actual "saddle grade" leather that you did need to condition, but my 2016 KR was same coated leather as other Ford products...

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, need to pay better attention!
Sponsored