Sponsored

Getting rid of body colored fender flares for factory black plastic flares?

updog

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just finished putting in my order on an OBX 4 door, and I was very happy with all my choices until I saw recent real-life pictures of an Area 51 (my color choice) OBX, non-Sasquatch. I’m not the biggest fan of the body colored fender flares, I just found out.

I probably can’t go for the Sasquatch package, and I’m pretty set on OBX. Any ideas on the easiest option I have of getting those black flares that are on all the other Broncos? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just finished putting in my order on an OBX 4 door, and I was very happy with all my choices until I saw recent real-life pictures of an Area 51 (my color choice) OBX, non-Sasquatch. I’m not the biggest fan of the body colored fender flares, I just found out.

I probably can’t go for the Sasquatch package, and I’m pretty set on OBX. Any ideas on the easiest option I have of getting those black flares that are on all the other Broncos? Thanks guys.
They pop off really easily. Just swap them out later, you'll have plenty of options, both OEM and aftermarket.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the body color flares are removable too? From the videos today, it's the easiest thing ever to remove the flares, but they were the MIC flares.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1 or 2 spray cans of plastidip will be plenty .... $15 max

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...I've been harping on this months now: When need to create a Swap Thread (Grills, flares, wheels, grab handles, etc). I bet you'd quickly find someone on the forums that would like Area 51-colored fenders over their stock ones. (I'm not one of them, I agree, the color-matched flares look.....off)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
good call, body colored fender flares are what Jeeps that only go to the mall have on them.
In that case, OBX was the right choice for me. :)
There are other choices on the accessories list if you don't like them. If mine came unpainted though, I'd send them out to be painted.

Garye

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like the body colored fenders. I won’t have to worry about getting car wax on black plastic trim that won’t come off. I’m going with a cactus gray OBX and I think the lighter colored fenders make the stock tires look larger.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if the body color flares are removable too? From the videos today, it's the easiest thing ever to remove the flares, but they were the MIC flares.
Yes, they will be the same.

Reactions: abe

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really like the body colored fenders. I won’t have to worry about getting car wax on black plastic trim that won’t come off. I’m going with a cactus gray OBX and I think the lighter colored fenders make the stock tires look larger.
You could always spend the extra 6 minutes to remove the flares before waxing.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...I've been harping on this months now: When need to create a Swap Thread (Grills, flares, wheels, grab handles, etc). I bet you'd quickly find someone on the forums that would like Area 51-colored fenders over their stock ones. (I'm not one of them, I agree, the color-matched flares look.....off)
As soon as we start taking deliveries, I bet the regional pages will be full of people swapping all sorts of parts. I'm excited for this part in particular.

Even if someone doesn't want to trade, maybe I can find a buddy to loan me theirs for a couple minutes to see how it'll look on my rig so I know exactly what I'd be getting if I order from parts.

I'm shit at visualizing stuff like that. I'm slightly worried that I'll buy something based on the picture in my head but not like the real thing.

My order is carbonized for my badland but I'm still considering AMB. If I go that route, I may seek out AMB flares. It might be the only part that will constantly catch the sun for that color. And while it isn't my bag, I bet white fender flares will be in demand by some. I'm sure no one will struggle much for flares/handles/grille swapping.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I'll be looking for different/wider flares probably. I already have a set of zero offset wheels and Toyo Open Country CT 33's for it..(cactus grey badlands 4dr. With mic top and also the optional beadlock wheels) . I have a feeling those wheels will sit mildly aggressively on there. Still need to buy one more wheel and tire tho. I only have a set of 4.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't get the predilection for denigrating the use of a vehicle for any specific purpose.

As for the fender flares, someone suggested a wrap might be a good way to change body colored flares to match the top. I think this would be a great way to match up a shadow black top, if one were so inclined. Perhaps a matte finish would work for a MIC top.
Sponsored