Sponsored

Getting Wildtrak.. Should I upgrade bumper or wait for after market?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stock steel you can include with financing...aftermarket will be out of pocket and may not be covered by warranty...buy once, cry once...
Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don’t know how to interpret this but it says...

5597795F-A071-47DF-B3C5-89111765305B.png

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The steel bumper is modular and this allows you to remove the outer pieces should you need some clearance. I think this is a major advantage over the plastic bumper. I plan to add the front steel bumper to my wildtrak and then add some light tabs so I can mount some lights.

This. And something you have to ask yourself is do you really need the steel bumper? The whole point behind the Wildtrak is a hot rod desert runner. And the stock bumper it comes with actually looks good. Are you really going to be doing major rock crawling and beating it? Are you going to truly need a wench? If so maybe the Badlands is a better route for you? Or just stick with the stock bumper if not.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The steel bumper is modular and this allows you to remove the outer pieces should you need some clearance. I think this is a major advantage over the plastic bumper. I plan to add the front steel bumper to my wildtrak and then add some light tabs so I can mount some lights.
The outer modular pieces are getting lost as soon as I park this guy in my garage. I think they look so much better with them removed.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

but like Jeep aftermarket...swing out tire carrier, light mounts, jerry can/rotopax mount, etc...don’t get me wrong I’m staying stock but I’m sure aftermarket options are endless possibilities...pay now or later is what you need to figure out.,

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The whole point behind the Wildtrak is a hot rod desert runner....
For me, the OB is the target really... but by the time I add my packages and hard top I'm basically at a WT.. doesn’t mean I'm looking to Baja but places like Moab and maybe even the Rubicon will be in my future

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me, the OB is the target really... but by the time I add my packages and hard top I'm basically at a WT.. doesn’t mean I'm looking to Baja but places like Moab and maybe even the Rubicon will be in my future
Probably better off with the Badlands then. Or go Base + Sasquatch and then add what you want. Thats what im doing. Basically Base + Sasquatch is a Wildtrak without all the fancy creature comforts. And it gives you enough money left over to add whatever you want like steel bumpers and whatever else.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. Yes. If you need it then its great. A lot of people in reality aren't going to be doing extreme Off Roading. Most will do light to moderate Off-roading or just a daily driver. But it is a good bumper.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the metal bumper looks much better, however, I do plan to add after market stuff on bumper later. Does it matter or make a difference which bumper I have?
Meaning, is it easier to add aftermarket stuff on the metal bumper or does not matter.

Thanks!
Bumpers are like wheels, the factory ones are functional but I'd rather have something else.

If I could opt for a bumper delete and save a little $$, I'd take it.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This. And something you have to ask yourself is do you really need the steel bumper? The whole point behind the Wildtrak is a hot rod desert runner. And the stock bumper it comes with actually looks good. Are you really going to be doing major rock crawling and beating it? Are you going to truly need a wench? If so maybe the Badlands is a better route for you? Or just stick with the stock bumper if not.
This might sound like a dumb reason, but a factor for me is plastic fade - If I can get a metal one and not have to deal with that, sounds good to me.

Not sure if factory upgrade gets you front and rear steel. According to option page on Ford site, it front only option. (HD Modular Front under options). Might have to wait for build and price site to confirm.
Ford Bronco Getting Wildtrak.. Should I upgrade bumper or wait for after market? 5597795F-A071-47DF-B3C5-89111765305B
Yeah, and as someone else pointed out, it implies it includes the rear steel bumper, so right now it's an unknown with it saying different things different places.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Something to consider, if your wildtrak has adaptive cruise control then most likely the aftermarket bumper will not accommodate the sensor and so you have to relocate it. Ask me how I know. See below, the ACC sensor use to be in the bumper and I moved it above the "R" and "D" .. It was the worst part of the install and get the angles wrong and the sensor will not work.

And you will most likely need to remove the shutter system as aftermarket bumpers will tuck in closer to the body to provide better approach angles. See below the IC shroud and shutter system has been removed.

Lots of unknowns what the Bronco bumper will require when you remove it for an aftermarket one.

Ford Bronco Getting Wildtrak.. Should I upgrade bumper or wait for after market? 5597795F-A071-47DF-B3C5-89111765305B
Beautiful Truck..
Ford Bronco Getting Wildtrak.. Should I upgrade bumper or wait for after market? Raptor
Ford Bronco Getting Wildtrak.. Should I upgrade bumper or wait for after market? Raptor

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to stick with the professional designers rather than thinking I can pick something that looks better.

Most of the aftermarket bumpers that people put on Jeeps look terrible...in my opinion.
Jeeps, yes I agree. Most of them are horrible. I’m hoping that several of the aftermarket brands that service the Toyota community make the jump to start supporting the Bronco.
Sponsored