Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will this work for a 2 door bronco? Do you need the roof rack for the bronco or can you use the brackets they give you mount it to the roof? First time thinking about getting a roof top tent just wont to make sure I get the right stuff on the bronco before the new order banks open up again.:)

SPECIFICATIONS
Weight: Approximately 80lbs
Length: 90”
Width: 50”
Height Closed: 4-6” (adjustable with bedding)
Height Open: 50”
Roof Storage: Surfboard compatible
Sleeping Footprint: 50” x 90”
Sleeping Capacity: 2 Adults + 🐶/👶
Jumpabillity Index: Almost too Huckable
Ford Bronco GFC Superlite Tent ( 2 Door Bronco) Capture2.JPG

https://gofastcampers.com/pages/superlite
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrGreen55

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you don't need the roof rack.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will this work for a 2 door bronco? Do you need the roof rack for the bronco or can you use the brackets they give you mount it to the roof? First time thinking about getting a roof top tent just wont to make sure I get the right stuff on the bronco before the new order banks open up again.:)

Ford Bronco GFC Superlite Tent ( 2 Door Bronco) Capture2.JPG

https://gofastcampers.com/pages/superlite
Looks like it would be too long for a 2 door, but wouldn't this be a question for GFC?

Looks like you don't need the roof rack.
So how is it attached? I don't see anything in the attachment points used by the rack. Perhaps they just set one on top for the pic?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like it would be too long for a 2 door, but wouldn't this be a question for GFC?

So how is it attached? I don't see anything in the attachment points used by the rack. Perhaps they just set one on top for the pic?
They didn't do anything, that's not a real photo...

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Camburg ended up making a custom rack for the GFC Platform. I’m sure we’ll see some low profile options like that soon.

As for the Superlite - it just mounts to any crossbar or platform. They have quick release mounts for bars with tracks.

Has anyone mounted a Superlite yet? I just sold my Roofnest Falcon XL because after some real life tests with it on our Transit - it proved to be to cumbersome.

Unfortunately GFC discontinued the Superlite - but, I have a lead on a brand new one.

I’d love to see some photos - but, I’m convinced it’s the direction I’d like to go for our needs. Who knows when and if GFC will go back to the drawing board for v2.0. But, as of now it’s indefinitely on the back burner.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The GFC Superlite attaches like 99% off rooftop tents attach, see the rails in the picture below:

IMG_0136_HEIC-XL.jpg

The supplied brackets, work by inserting two "turn" nuts and bolts screw into those that are placed in the long stout brackets and go around roof rack bars:

IMG_0148_HEIC-XL.jpg

These are the tent brackets from Leitner, I simply pass a small bolt through the hole into the "turn" nut that's inside the rail:

IMG_0157_HEIC-XL.jpg

Without a roof rack, you would need to drill through your roof to pass bolts through that align with the rails on the tent into the "turn" nuts.

IMG_0160_HEIC-XL.jpg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@emolson65 - nice setup!

I just picked up a brand-new in the box Superlite. I’m psyched. Seems like they’re hard to come by and doesn’t look like they plan to take orders for them again anytime soon.

Drove two hours and went to mount it on our transit to realize GFC sent completely unusable bolts. Looks like you received the correct ones. After an hour of messing with washers and ratchet strapped in - it’s home safe.

My current plan is to potentially get SMS Exposed Racks and throw the RTT on only when I’m headed to camp or the beach. We’ll see if someone comes out with a soft top rack before fishing season opens in the spring.

OP
OP
MrGreen55

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@emolson65 - nice setup!

I just picked up a brand-new in the box Superlite. I’m psyched. Seems like they’re hard to come by and doesn’t look like they plan to take orders for them again anytime soon.

Drove two hours and went to mount it on our transit to realize GFC sent completely unusable bolts. Looks like you received the correct ones. After an hour of messing with washers and ratchet strapped in - it’s home safe.

My current plan is to potentially get SMS Exposed Racks and throw the RTT on only when I’m headed to camp or the beach. We’ll see if someone comes out with a soft top rack before fishing season opens in the spring.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ar-roof-rack-project.27768/
@EIGHTLUG is looking in to making one for the soft top

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond