Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Symptoms:

when in reverse it sounds like a skid plate is bouncing off the ground. (The ‘skid plate’ is fixed proper).

when out in park and the vehicle rolled forward it sounded like the transmission or clutch was rubbing. It rolled forward -> rubbing, bounced off no rub, rolled forward -> rubbing, etc.
check all the easy access fluids and they looked okay. We are getting an alignment tomorrow as she already needed one w/ new tires. Any ideas?

check all the easy access fluids and they looked okay. We are getting an alignment tomorrow as she already needed one w/ new tires. Any ideas?

it’s a 2017 Ford Focus base model. Well Under 30k miles.

we are beginning to think that the Transmission Module or a gear tooth broke? Anyone hear of this being an issue? I know 2012-16 had a recall for their (pretty much the same) transmission .
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well after a few days of head scratching at checking everything one would think would be the issue (that you wouldn’t need to dismantle the entire car to look for), we took it to the dealer since it was under warranty... or so you thought. Now I’m seeing that my future is probably going to need the bronco because somehow.... and idk how.... she got this stuck above her rear torque mount precisely where we would only notice it in reverse and park out of plain sight. Lord help me in the future. ???

Beagle for size reference. Stone is roughly 2inx2.5in

Ford Bronco GFs Ford Focus grinding in reverse? image

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Time to build a skid plate for that area to protect it from future rock encounters.

dmtndan, here is a perfect Air Force story for you, happened to me on the Eglin AFB test range where our company was supporting some testing. Driving down one of the dirt access roads I drove over an old rusty ax head that went right into the gas tank. Fortunately it was in a rental car, I had to walk a couple of miles to call for help (before cell phones) and then replaced it with a rental Jeep. Then a few days later an F-4 flew over my head at 500 mph, 100 feet off the ground, while I was standing up on some equipment and almost fell off, but that's another story.
Sponsored