Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any dealer that gives any sort of order confirmation with pricing on it needs to make it abundantly clear if that pricing may change at pick up. It would probably be advisable to have a customer sign a document indicating the price is subject to change. Not doing so is a setup for a poor customer experience. If the question is whether the OP has legal recourse, that will depend on the paperwork, but if the question is does the OP have reason to believe they were misled and have cause to report a poor customer experience via Google and by enlisting support from b6g, it sounds like they do.
Everything you mention is part of the discussion when both parties sign an agreement before ordering. He had no agreement which opened up the ADM. some people learn the hard way or never negotiated to success. I for one will not troll a dealer or place phony likes/dislikes to squeeze someone. Let him handle his own messy business.
Sponsored

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everything you mention is part of the discussion when both parties sign an agreement before ordering. He had no agreement which opened up the ADM. some people learn the hard way or never negotiated to success. I for one will not troll a dealer or place phony likes/dislikes to squeeze someone. Let him handle his own messy business.
Not that It matters, but since you brought it up, I'd like to think that so far I've "negotiated to success" quite well up to this point in my life. I've bought probably thirty vehicles in my life, but this is the first time I've ordered one direct from the dealer. I was naive enough to think that a printed out order sheet and the dealers word were good enough; shame on me. I posted in here to see if anyone had a similar situation, and if I had any recourse or anyone had any advice. I never asked you to go on a vendetta on my behalf, but thanks anyway. Hope your experience goes smoother than some of ours, have a great day!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are you going to walk away or are you going to pay the extra? Same with the other folks.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like there have been several instances where Levine got involved and the outcome was along the lines of a mutually agreeable resolution has been found. The actual details of the resolution are not revealed. It would be interesting to learn what those resolutions are.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So are you going to walk away or are you going to pay the extra? Same with the other folks.
To be honest, I’m not sure yet. If Mr. Levine or Mr. Brownell are able to convince the dealer to play nice, I’ll still get it. I’ve negotiated down what I thought was fair on dealer markups and or add/ons before; ten grand, I’m not doing, and they made it abundantly clear they wouldn’t budge. In the end if nothing changes, I’ll stop by Sam’s club and get a large tub of Vaseline and drop it off at the dealer and tell them where they can put the Bronco..lol

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That happened to me, so I sent them an email I had with the GM when I placed the order where he stated that all Bronco orders would be sold at MSRP.

That was enough, and they took off the $2,995.00 ADM.

Most on here will tell you that you needed an order confirmation with full pricing signed by the GM.
I had no luck getting that from my dealership when I placed the order.
In most states an email or text is considered a binding contract as long as three things are present.... Party A, party B and the arrangement covenant that was entered by both.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not that It matters, but since you brought it up, I'd like to think that so far I've "negotiated to success" quite well up to this point in my life. I've bought probably thirty vehicles in my life, but this is the first time I've ordered one direct from the dealer. I was naive enough to think that a printed out order sheet and the dealers word were good enough; shame on me. I posted in here to see if anyone had a similar situation, and if I had any recourse or anyone had any advice. I never asked you to go on a vendetta on my behalf, but thanks anyway. Hope your experience goes smoother than some of ours, have a great day!
Thank you for your honesty. My words were directed to the general forum comments raging through the topics of bad dealer experiences. There have been "vendetta" behavior on the part of Bronco6G members supporting those complaining about how the dealer wronged them without factual full disclosure of the situation. Dealers are not your friend but business acquaintances. I cannot stress enough to sign an agreement, discuss conditions, and create email paper trails. The perception that a dealer is your friend with a handshake agreement is commercial PR.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for your honesty. My words were directed to the general forum comments raging through the topi
Thank you for your honesty. My words were directed to the general forum comments raging through the topics of bad dealer experiences. There have been "vendetta" behavior on the part of Bronco6G members supporting those complaining about how the dealer wronged them without factual full disclosure of the situation. Dealers are not your friend but business acquaintances. I cannot stress enough to sign an agreement, discuss conditions, and create email paper trails. The perception that a dealer is your friend with a handshake agreement is commercial PR.
No worries, all good here! I'll own my part in this, I was naive about the situation when I expected transparency and thought we had a deal. I'm typically against online doxxing, but I think we all know that the internet is one hell of a tool, ie strength in numbers. If it helps draw attention to a crappy dealer and holds their feet to the fire to try and force a fair deal, I don't have a problem with that.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I glanced through the 11 pages of reply so maybe I missed this. Have you called Ford yet? I’d talk to them about the situation and open a formal complaint with the dealer now (an option they gave me before when we were asked to pay $400 for a test drive despite having a reservation with the dealership). It probably won’t do anything, but I don’t think it would hurt.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I glanced through the 11 pages of reply so maybe I missed this. Have you called Ford yet? I’d talk to them about the situation and open a formal complaint with the dealer now (an option they gave me before when we were asked to pay $400 for a test drive despite having a reservation with the dealership). It probably won’t do anything, but I don’t think it would hurt.
Here's a copy and paste quote from KOYOTE1...............
You're not wrong, lesson learned unfortunately. I'm not sure what exactly I expect, but I guess I'm cautiously optimistic now that I actually got a reply from Mike Levine responded. I created a Twitter just because of this and tagged Mike Levine, and he messaged me. Fingers crossed..

Sponsored

TuffSlider

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Jeep Comanche, 06 Dodge 2500, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Koyote1 : If you have email and text from them, take them to small claims court. The court will take the email as an official agreement from the dealer. The beauty there is that the dealer has to represent himself, no attorney. So if they don't back down with a court date, then the judge gives you the fee. Just have your ducks in a row, wear a tie and talk nice to the judge.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a copy and paste quote from KOYOTE1...............
You're not wrong, lesson learned unfortunately. I'm not sure what exactly I expect, but I guess I'm cautiously optimistic now that I actually got a reply from Mike Levine responded. I created a Twitter just because of this and tagged Mike Levine, and he messaged me. Fingers crossed..
Yea I saw that, but that’s not a formal complaint. That’s just a tweet. If you call Customer Relations, eventually they’ll give you that option.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about an update?

k15goose

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tremor, 2016 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the Far North Suburban Illinois dealers suck. I've dealt with Gurnee, Libertyville and Antioch. None of them were straight with me from the outset. Now I'm with Granger and we know what that's looking like courtesy of FoMoCo. McHenry was a little different angle in their swindling. They seemed almost unaware the Bronco was being released. This is a debacle by any metric.
Please elaborate. I haven't been on the forums in a bit. Is Granger still legit or going on the shit list?
Sponsored