Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately, nothing signed. I’ve saved all the emails and texts stating that original purchase price will be honored, but I highly doubt that gives me a leg to stand on.
Confirming emails are all the supporting documention you should need, to expect them to stick by their promises. But you won't know the outcome until you actually go in to close the deal.

I wonder how much it would cost to bring a lawyer with you to the closing? And, I'll say again, its time for a 6g legal fund to sue dealers who dont stick to their word.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Scumbags. If they don’t back down and Mr Levine can’t help then I’ll be ready to leave my one star review!!!

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m boiling. TEN GRAND dealer hardship fee. Avoid Gillespie Ford in gurnee Illinois at all costs. I can’t explain how mad I am..

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m boiling. TEN GRAND dealer hardship fee. Avoid Gillespie Ford in gurnee Illinois at all costs. I can’t explain how mad I am..
I advise you post any and all docs showing your agreed upon price and the new price with the dealer hardship fees. Also edit the title of your post to include the dealership name as well as the amount of the ADM. Update your opening post to include all relevant info as well. And a snap shot for the record:

Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! 1641586607825

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like John @lakesinai says, those emails are your defense. Look around for a lawyer with nothing to do, they're all over the place. Tell the lawyer they can sue for whatever they want, you just want your Bronco at the price stated in the emails. Go to your dealership, show those assholes the emails, and have the lawyers business card with you.

Now, I'm one that never tells anyone to call a lawyer. Lawyers are basically your last go to, but this shit has to stop somewhere. Good luck.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer is a scammer. Post all the info you got here, and also rat them out to Ford. Email promises are still promises.

B6G has a way of getting dealers to reconsider the definition of "hardship". 😉

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The dealer is Gillespie Ford of Gurnee, in Gurnee Illinois. I’m not a vengeful person, but this is the ultimate gut punch after a year of waiting..

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I advise you post any and all docs showing your agreed upon price and the new price with the dealer hardship fees. Also edit the title of your post to include the dealership name as well as the amount of the ADM. Update your opening post to include all relevant info as well. And a snap shot for the record:

Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! 1641586607825
Unfortunately, that’s what I have from the new guy (the other guy handling the Broncos quit and this fine fellow took over), and it’s not signed because I took him at his word. When I left the dealer a few minutes ago, I was told verbally by the sales manager that there would be a ten grand markup, and if I didn’t like it to find another dealer.

3893EB1E-65A8-4DDA-ADF5-BCA545D1CB42.png

Sponsored

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lol f'n hardship fee. jesus christ these people

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
L O L
O _ O
L O L

Dealer Hardship Fee... so long as the dealership is willing to ALSO honor the Customer Hardship Credit, sure

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! 3893EB1E-65A8-4DDA-ADF5-BCA545D1CB42
Goons.gif

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d ask the amount. Is it $4999 or $199