Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though I’ve been waiting for a year and had a ‘locked in’ price, there may be ‘dealer hardship’ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inform them of the consumer hardship fee ( reduction)you will be subtracting from the total price due to the situation created by the manufacturers inability to fulfill a vehicle order in a timely fashion, which directly led to the consumer‘s continue use of their current vehicle which caused further value depreciation. This fee is the amount of value difference for ones vehicle between the time of placed order and delivery of said order.

Sponsored

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
They have absolutely nothing to loose by throwing that out there to see how you react. If you go oh ok then they will charge it. If you put up a fight saying that is not the deal we made, they sometimes back down. In my case, after an hour once the General manager (not sales manager) was involved he immediately said we will absolutely honor our original agreement. Just don't blow up and say I don't want it, they are totally ok with you walking away from your order.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though I’ve been waiting for a year and had a ‘locked in’ price, there may be ‘dealer hardship’ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
1-star review left! :mad:

Oh wait... What's the dealership name again? I may have reviewed the wrong one. :sneaky:

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That happened to me, so I sent them an email I had with the GM when I placed the order where he stated that all Bronco orders would be sold at MSRP.

That was enough, and they took off the $2,995.00 ADM.

Most on here will tell you that you needed an order confirmation with full pricing signed by the GM.
I had no luck getting that from my dealership when I placed the order.

Ledbetter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much the same thing happened with me at Napleton Ford in Illinois. Surprise 5k ADM about the same time I got my VIN. They wouldn't remove it, so I had to find a new dealership and place a brand new order. It's really shitty what they're doing. Hope your experience is better than mine.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ping Mike Levine on twitter before you let the hounds of bronco6g loose.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@K0Y0TE1 did you get a purchase agreement?
Unfortunately, nothing signed. I’ve saved all the emails and texts stating that original purchase price will be honored, but I highly doubt that gives me a leg to stand on.
Sponsored