Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1-star review left! :mad:

Oh wait... What's the dealership name again? I may have reviewed the wrong one. :sneaky:
Chances are good they deserved it anyway!
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I correct to assume that you didn't specifically discuss price with the dealer and assumed the MSRP on the form would be the price?

If the answer is yes, they are still shitty.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though Iā€™ve been waiting for a year and had a ā€˜locked inā€™ price, there may be ā€˜dealer hardshipā€™ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
Sounds like an ADM with a new name to try and make you feel sorry for them

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am I correct to assume that you didn't specifically discuss price with the dealer and assumed the MSRP on the form would be the price?

If the answer is yes, they are still shitty.
Yes and no. I had discussed ā€˜take homeā€™ price with the previous salesman, and he assured me that it would be for what I bought it for. Then the new guy came in, and said when I went in today ā€˜well I didnā€™t tell you that.ā€™ The sales manager is the guy who told me ā€˜because we can.ā€™ It was one hundred percent shortsighted and stupid of me to think theyā€™d honor their word, and anyone who says I should have gotten it signed...youā€™re absolutely right. How naive of me to think that sometimes people donā€™t suck.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer is Gillespie Ford of Gurnee, in Gurnee Illinois. Iā€™m not a vengeful person, but this is the ultimate gut punch after a year of waiting..
Iā€™d also suggest editing the name of your thread to include the dealer info.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m boiling. TEN GRAND dealer hardship fee. Avoid Gillespie Ford in gurnee Illinois at all costs. I canā€™t explain how mad I am..
Don't let them sell your truck to someone else. Use the internet to your advantage to get them to back down.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I didnā€™t work in a career where this move would be a death knell, Iā€™d be all over it šŸ˜‚šŸ‘
You state has a ton of executive orders related to COVID. Maybe something there is consumer related like price gouging. The state business regulators and consumer affairs folks might want to get involved. Educate yourself and then let them know you are not above helping things get messy for them.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added them to my list of shit dealers. If you haven't checked out the list in a while, drop on by. There's been quite a bit of expansion over the last week, including some real doozies.

I've been thinking for a while that Illinois seemed underrepresented, compared to what I expected.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The salesman texted and apologized and said itā€™s the owners fault, not theirs. Donā€™t know if he was supposed to send me this, but this is what he got from their higher ups...

A1CF0700-817B-48D1-AFB6-C0D96661C172.jpeg

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
You really want to get to the general manager, sales manager only focuses on sales numbers. General manager is the one that gets the heat once all the one star reviews and the dealerships reputation once their name start popping up on websites. Ask him what their policy is on any existing order, not someone walking into the dealer to buy off the floor. Say maybe the salesman doesn't understand this is a pre-existing order and you want the deal that was made at that time. I know it sounds stupid but it gives them a way out, without them looking like they backed down.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Current market value" is nice, but doesn't have a damn thing to do with the price you agreed upon.

EStepCG2022

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The salesman texted and apologized and said itā€™s the owners fault, not theirs. Donā€™t know if he was supposed to send me this, but this is what he got from their higher ups...

Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! A1CF0700-817B-48D1-AFB6-C0D96661C172
God that is absolutely absurd. This is totally making me feel like I need to email Wickstrom...just can't trust dealers.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Someone should find Andrew Frick email at Ford he seems to care about this maybe.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t know if he was supposed to send me this, but this is what he got from their higher ups...
Or it's what he typed into MS Word while laughing to himself ten minutes ago.

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hardship fee......well thats a new twist...kinda like, they took the Websters Dictionary meaning of the word "Hardship: something that causes or entails suffering or privation" and changed the meaning to " Hardship: We the dealer cause you suffering and privation"
Sponsored