Sponsored

Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?!

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though I’ve been waiting for a year and had a ‘locked in’ price, there may be ‘dealer hardship’ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though I’ve been waiting for a year and had a ‘locked in’ price, there may be ‘dealer hardship’ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any
Ford Bronco Gillespie Ford charges 10 grand in dealer hardship fees?! Screenshot_20220108-112707_Chrome
recourse?
When is ford going to do this for us bronco order holders?
Sponsored

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I called my dealer this morning to let them know I received my window sticker, the blend date was on the fifth, so it should be showing up fairly soon. After a few horror stories I wanted to make sure there were no surprises. I was told that even though I’ve been waiting for a year and had a ‘locked in’ price, there may be ‘dealer hardship’ fees. Wtf?? Has anyone else dealt with this? Is there any recourse?
ANOTHER GUY GET F**KED BY HIS DEALER.
Buy your Bronco from Eagle River Ford. Good honest folk. Eagle River WI.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just refreshing the memories today that we‘re talking about a $10k ‘dealer hardship’ on top of the $35k MSRP.
‘locked in’ from the dealer via text is a meeting of the minds in my opinion. Others will disagree, OP but I’m happy to see that your story is still getting the attention it deserves.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! I will definitely keep everyone updated, I'm not trying to get some sort of break, just the vehicle I ordered, for a fair price.

Sponsored
OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So hardship fee for sitting on their arses ?I did all the leg work handed a file to my dealer so all he had to do was punch in the numbers!
That’s what I said. If they want to price gouge on their inventory, knock themselves out. But this isn’t part of their inventory. They did nothing. They’re essentially charging me ten grand to pick up my vehicle from their lot. It’s insane.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I said. If they want to price gouge on their inventory, knock themselves out. But this isn’t part of their inventory. They did nothing. They’re essentially charging me ten grand to pick up my vehicle from their lot. It’s insane.
The one difference I’ve noticed with your thread here is that the B6G community isn’t bombarding Gillespie with negative reviews, faux service appointments, emails to specific folks at the dealer, etc.
I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but @mlevine stated to you in his twitter reply that the negative doesn’t help him help you (essentially).
Lets hope for good news!

CJW0314

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor / 13’ GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you heard anything from the dealer since you were contacted by Mike Levine?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one difference I’ve noticed with your thread here is that the B6G community isn’t bombarding Gillespie with negative reviews, faux service appointments, emails to specific folks at the dealer, etc.
I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but @mlevine stated to you in his twitter reply that the negative doesn’t help him help you (essentially).
Personally I don't think it's helpful to immediately go apeshit as soon as a dealer mentions ADM. Indicate your extreme displeasure, but give the dealership a chance to make it right. Sometimes they are just testing to see if they can extract more money from you, and will crumble when they meet resistance.

Show yourself to be an educated and reasonable consumer. Present your evidence that a deal existed at a different price. Escalate it through the dealership hierarchy and then complain to Ford corporate.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, then your dealer is an unrepentant asshole and it's time to either move on to more vengeful measures (which can include B6G brigading), or walk away if you don't have the stomach to get dirty.

Whatever happens, let B6G know, but don't expect us to launch a scorched earth social media campaign before you go through the more reasonable steps first.

Sponsored
OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lets hope for good news!
Yeah, as long as the dealer makes it right, I'm not looking to cause drama. I just want them to do what's right.

OP
OP

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally I don't think it's helpful to immediately go apeshit as soon as a dealer mentions ADM. Indicate your extreme displeasure, but give the dealership a chance to make it right. Sometimes they are just testing to see if they can extract more money from you, and will crumble when they meet resistance.

Show yourself to be an educated and reasonable consumer. Present your evidence that a deal existed at a different price. Escalate it through the dealership hierarchy and then complain to Ford corporate.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, then your dealer is an unrepentant asshole and it's time to either move on to more vengeful measures (which can include B6G brigading), or walk away if you don't have the stomach to get dirty.

Whatever happens, let B6G know, but don't expect us to launch a scorched earth social media campaign before you go through the more reasonable steps first.
I tried to be reasonable at the dealer, but they were very indignant and essentially goading me to walk away from my Bronco. I don't want to raise hell with them if I don't have to, I'm just expecting them to be ethical.
Have you heard anything from the dealer since you were contacted by Mike Levine?
Not yet. I'm hoping that since it's the weekend, I'll hear something on Monday.

Penn65000

Wildtrak
First Name
Hazed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I tried to be reasonable at the dealer, but they were very indignant and essentially goading me to walk away from my Bronco. I don't want to raise hell with them if I don't have to, I'm just expecting them to be ethical.

Not yet. I'm hoping that since it's the weekend, I'll hear something on Monday.
As I suggested earlier, threatening a complaint to your State Atty General and notification to "the media" and imposing a deadline would likely help. It did me. Again I believe a court would conclude that Ford's email promised price protection. Ford has to be aware of that. No need to be tender here -- as a prior poster pointed out, these dealers were deluged with cash (our tax dollars) -- not sure where one would find any sympathy or tenderness for them. Read 'em the riot act.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok..Here we go again with adjectives. Define "Locked In"? Did you have a signed dealer contract stating what you will pay upon delivery? Email correspondence confirmations with an agreed upon price? All legal documents to support your claim. If not.... Well..

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok..Here we go again with adjectives. Define "Locked In"? Did you have a signed dealer contract stating what you will pay upon delivery? Email correspondence confirmations with an agreed upon price? All legal documents to support your claim. If not.... Well..
Any dealer that gives any sort of order confirmation with pricing on it needs to make it abundantly clear if that pricing may change at pick up. It would probably be advisable to have a customer sign a document indicating the price is subject to change. Not doing so is a setup for a poor customer experience. If the question is whether the OP has legal recourse, that will depend on the paperwork, but if the question is does the OP have reason to believe they were misled and have cause to report a poor customer experience via Google and by enlisting support from b6g, it sounds like they do.
Sponsored