Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw the new Mach 1 in “Jet Fighter Gray” that looks a ton like Cactus Gray and I love orange. Thought this would look great on my upcoming Outer Banks 2 Door. Simple hints of orange and black trim.

If anyone has some photoshop skills to show these on a 2 Door Cactus Gray Outer Banks, I’d love to see it!

C23F34D2-533F-47A8-8587-DBC37F5553C9.jpeg

910A121A-A022-461F-ABBF-647B9CA95924.jpeg

3CC95425-3033-46AC-83BB-727B6CA82110.jpeg

1116A83F-3DA1-4F42-88F9-F1354A517AE7.jpeg
I wouldn't exactly call it skill, but I thought I'd try... enjoy!

OuterBanks side.jpg

OuterBanks front.jpg
Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not difficult to do. And after some practice, it's not as nerve-wracking.
Back in the day (and sometimes even now after I've trained a few others to do it) I did a lot of decaling on one of our customer's products at my FT job. Several thousand of them to date.
Each decal is well over $100, so you really have to keep in mind what you are doing and where the decal is in relation to the floor, itself, other surfaces. At $150 each, it doesn't take long to wrack up some scrap $ due to a simple mistake. The decals are about 4' long and 2' high.

Easy method is to use water and dish soap in a spray bottle. I use JOY brand because it is cheap and it does dry away completely without leaving a residue that adds to adhesion failure. Mix it maybe 10:1 water-to-soap maximum.
The below is after you measure/mock up where you are going to put the decal. Good practice is to use a grease pencil or non-permanent marker to mark one corner and go from there.

1)Wet the surface down very well with the soap mixture(after making sure it is COMPLETELY CLEAN).
2)Peel half the paper off of the decal and spray the adhesive surface. This prevents it from sticking to itself when peeling the remainder of the backing paper off.
3) Peel the other half of the backing material off and spray the whole back of the decal again, making sure it doesn't touch the floor.
4) Apply the decal and slide it around to where your mark is for the starting corner. Now you can either measure, eyeball it, or use a construction laser level (if the vehicle itself is perfectly level) to get a straight line for either top or bottom. I can eyeball if and use body lines to get what I need but you can also use masking tape to lay out a straight line up above before step 1 if you don't trust it.
5) Use a good rubber (handheld) squeegie and get the bubbles out of the first section there you know is right.
6) Apply some fair force to the other end of the decal and pull it tight (and up/down as needed) to not only remove creases, but to also achieve that straight line you are looking for. While maintaining pressure with that hand, use the other to squeegie quickly the surface area to set the decal in place.
7) Go back over it, pulling any air/water left under it to the edges and out. Be careful not to drag the squeegie too hard and crease the vinyl, but hard enough so that you get all of the air out.
8) Let it sit for a bit. In the heat of summer maybe 3-5 minutes. In the winter, a good 10-20.
9) Carefully start one corner of the transfer paper over the vinyl and pull it at a sharp angle, slowly. Meaning close to the surface.
A 90 degree angle wants to pull the vinyl back off of the paint.
10) Once the transfer paper is all off, take a CLEAN microfiber towel and rub down the surface, removing all the water and residue off of the vinyl. look at it from all angles, looking for bubbles, lifting edges, creases.
11) If you find any of the above, use pressure with a finger wrapped in the towel to move it towards the edge, etc.
12) If this does not seem to be working you can get a heat gun or hairdryer to help, but don't cook the vinyl. It doesn't take temps approaching nuclear fusion to get the job done here.
13) Worst case if you have a bubble you can't work out, you can take a straight pin and prick it, working the air/fluid out of the hole easily and methodically with your finger and the towel.

Long post, sorry.
With the size of decals most will be putting on, it shouldn't be too hard.
The giant birds on the hoods of Trans Am's of the 70's are a bear to do.
I would start, if you are concerned, with some cheap vinyl off of Amazon or a local dealer and practice with it on something (an old appliance, extra body parts you have laying around) before you get the important stuff in and try it.
Once you do it one time you'll realize that it's intimidating looking at but not that bad to actually do.
Thank you so much for the advice!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ANY color works great on Cactus, 'cuz as we know - its GREY!

But I think 'black' is gonna be tricky, as there's so much dark greyish stuff already

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

wondering what people think of the effect of placing striping up near the top of the door versus at the bottom - to my eye, when placed on the bottom, it tends to make the vehicle look lower to the ground, whereas when placed at the top, the vehicle appears to sit higher.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Give us input what graphics you'd like to see us design for the 6G Broncos OuterBanks front

I know these have been posted in this thread, but I want to add my voice. I was talking to my wife, and this graphic is something we really want.
I would like this in silver. My truck is close to VB and it has silver factory decals on it - looks great.

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wondering what people think of the effect of placing striping up near the top of the door versus at the bottom - to my eye, when placed on the bottom, it tends to make the vehicle look lower to the ground, whereas when placed at the top, the vehicle appears to sit higher.
Both look good, but like you, I prefer a graphic along the bottom.

Jmschultz22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
circular 2x2 or 1.5 discreetly stuck somewhere on the gate. i'm down
I'm in for a small round version of this as well! My wife still has no idea why I love that show so much! You either get it or you don't....

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like a similar side, lower doors body graphic (kinda like the WildTrak has)but that says Badlands or Bronco in matte instead of WildTrak. I may be in the minority but I like this decal.

Ford Bronco Give us input what graphics you'd like to see us design for the 6G Broncos CA88480C-CFC3-4C18-9A44-B6C9F4E73845

Sponsored

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I already have sketches of this stripe on the new Bronco. We will be doing them for sure!! If you contact us when the vehicle comes out, we will be doing a special price for the first customers in exchange for pics for our website.
Count me in for that!

OP
OP
Ridergraphix

Ridergraphix

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ridergraphix.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Base

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly this including the chrome "Bronco" script. If I recall correctly from installing new chrome script on my "67, the original badge has a few locating pins behind it. We just need adhesive tape now.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something like one of these?
Artboard 2.png
Absolutely love the look of this graphic. How about placing it above the rocker panel and style it in the shape of a Boss style hockey stick graphic with it terminating just below the model designator badge?
Sponsored

Last edited: