Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

She ain't much, only a V6, but after 199k miles and no issues *knock on wood*, I'm not complaining!

Ford Bronco Giveaway: Bronco6G Pineapple Pizza Stickers! 20170813_183429

Sponsored

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Raptor lined the 4runner this year when the paint started to go.
What year? My ‘05 tacoma had roof rot, paint completely failed on the roof, but nowhere else. Seen several others, mainly in midnight blue, same exact failure. Still pissed about that ?

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What year? My ‘05 tacoma had roof rot, paint completely failed on the roof, but nowhere else. Seen several others, mainly in midnight blue, same exact failure. Still pissed about that ?
Seems that's the era when car manufacturers changed coating formulations and did not change cure profile. Many had the problem where the thermal cure was too high for the new formulation and resulted in the loss of UV protection before the paint cured. The final product looked good, but had bad long term reliability.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that Matte Gray?
It's black raptor liner. So matte black when clean with a slight gray tone, but it appears gray when dirty.

I get frequent questions/compliments on it. I even had somebody ask me this week at a stop light how to do it. You just need to scuff your current paint, mask, then apply with an air gun and compressor. It is a weekend project and most of the work is the prep work.

Status
Not open for further replies.