Sponsored

Given GVWR update - How long until dealers could get parts from Ford? Potential workarounds

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait for the order guide. Configure your build with the option codes. If it is configured without restrictions (not likely) you can build it. Otherwise buy at the parts counter or aftermarket. Regarding “if you are in an accident”.. unless someone is killed your vehicle won’t be weighed. Stay within your axle ratings and combined weight ratings and you will be fine. They are not increasing to a different class in ‘22, they will just have the bs figured out that they should have gotten right already. COVID is a lame excuse. I keep using Chrysler as an example which I hate. Their products and launches are superb this year and deliveries still within 8-10 weeks. I’m not fond of that example but it’s true. I’ll get down off my soap box. On a serious note COVID is a lame excuse to use it solely as that but it is affecting people/everyone on a personal level. Let’s hope we can minimize its wake in the coming year. Happy New Year!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a very productive conversation with the owner of Hothead Headliner. He has a Day 1 reservation for a tester, and will have a template down in about a week or two of receipt, and should be offering for sale in less than a month. If his build is delayed, it sounds like he'll pull a template off an earlier order in Michigan. Should be the same fabric on the wrangler, it is just a question of cutting to size. I said graphite will probably be a popular color given the MIC situation. They plan on churning out 40 a day. They weight 10 lbs. pricing should be similar to slightly less than factory. He also said there are a 200-300 people that put their names on his notification list. This is a great alternative if there are delays in the ford parts department.

Even if we arent locked out from getting a headline when it comes time to order, if I get a whiff that ford's headliner will delay my order somehow, I am going with hotheads. It sounds like it could be a superior product (at least that's what wrangler guys are saying). Install is easy with double sided tape (similar to factory).

Last edited:

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok ill ask here since the other thread is getting out of hand

What is the big hold up with GVWR? I come from the mustang world so why is GVWR such a big deal right now?
I came here to ask the same question. My guess was that it had to do with legal liability, but I'm not sure. If you cause an accident, could your insurance company see some bolt on parts and decide to weight it? If you're over GVWR, I would imagine they could deny the claim.

It is unfortunate, since Esteban said the 2022 Sasquatch can have the roof rails (source). Perhaps there is a regulatory hoop they need to jump through and ran out of time or budget this year to do it. I seriously doubt there will be significant engineering changes to the Bronco for 2022, which means 2021 may have some arbitrary regulatory limits.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My question really is - I would like to load up a 4 dr 2.7 badlands with a family of four. Max out the cargo with luggage and have a small cargo box on the roof. What should my concern level be?

I know no one has the answer now. But not sure the best way to go about it. Maybe pose that question to Ford / Levine etc and pray.

worst case a lease structure, with an early buyout a few months down the road gives us some flexibility. As opposed to buying a 55k+ car outright

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tweeted Levine and pulled in Farley. Don’t expect a response but will revert if I do.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only one who needs to give a shit about gvwr is Ford. They are trying to keep it within a certain class, and to protect themselves from civil liability. Unless you are driving a commercial vehicle, there is no such thing as weight police. Some folks are stressing out about something that has no real world application to them...

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There is no “workaround.”

If you load up your vehicle past it’s GVWR and then get in an accident you are legally liable. Period. If you exceed GVWR and then need a warranty issue looked at, it will be denied. If someone rear ends you and the insurance company finds out you are above GVWR they will deny the claim.

There is a limit to the vehicle’s weight. Exceed it and there will be consequences.

The issue isn’t “how do I get around this” .... the issue is why/how can Ford claim and sell a vehicle under the banner of “most capable” (Sasquatch) yet at the same time and because of its capabilities (Sasquatch) be so crippled as to not even be capable of carrying a roof rack (let alone TOW its meager 3500lbs).

It’s a joke.

JK
I agree. I said the same thing a while back and some pickle head said I was full if sh*t. I ignored him for the most part because....well....he was full if sh*t.

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That i understand. I guess it depends what you're trying to workaround. If it's towing, then yes, I certainly see, and agree, with your stance. But for the guys not towing, that just want to add basic, light items, like sound deadening, or a roof rack, etc., they are not really putting themselves at harms way just because of the way B&P is coded.
A pound of feathers is the same weight as a one pound rock.
Sponsored