Sponsored

Given GVWR update - How long until dealers could get parts from Ford? Potential workarounds

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As mentioned in the video, the way BnP is setup such that it locks you out of getting roof racks and sound deadening etc for certain builds, is the same way the ordering system is setup. We can’t order through Ford but will need to order through dealer.

so if you have a Day 1 reservation and take delivery in say August. Could that potentially mean that the roof rack or sound deadening through the parts department may be back ordered well into 2022? Do you think Ford will not be quick to supply dealers with parts during ramp up?

it would suck to sell one truck to get the bronco, then go an unknown number of months without the use of a roof rack for a cargo box for family trips.

I suppose worst case, the Yakima roof rack is available through Yakima, not Ford day 1? That could be an option hopefully. Delayed sound deadening I guess isn’t the end of the world. But there are other parts that I know others really care about.

If we think some parts are delayed by Ford to make their way into the parts department, I could see some guys banding together to get each other parts. Like a black diamond guy getting a winch and a roof rack and selling to his buddy locally with a sasquatch. Like a donor car for specific parts. We could team up and beat the system! Haha. Kidding. But not really.

Anyway - thoughts on how long delays will be for the parts department? Will Yakima and other collaborative vendors be able to sell directly, away from Ford?

this thread is more to brainstorm around workarounds, rather than complain. So let’s please keep it productive.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious as well...I guess a positive on a delay would be us being able to use those stupid Ford points and essentially getting the roof rack for free.

The vehicle is amazing but the release has been a complete shit show and is run by incompetent clowns.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned in the video, the way BnP is setup such that it locks you out of getting roof racks and sound deadening etc for certain builds, is the same way the ordering system is setup. We can’t order through Ford but will need to order through dealer.

so if you have a Day 1 reservation and take delivery in say August. Could that potentially mean that the roof rack or sound deadening through the parts department may be back ordered well into 2022? Do you think Ford will not be quick to supply dealers with parts during ramp up?

it would suck to sell one truck to get the bronco, then go an unknown number of months without the use of a roof rack for a cargo box for family trips.

I suppose worst case, the Yakima roof rack is available through Yakima, not Ford day 1? That could be an option hopefully. Delayed sound deadening I guess isn’t the end of the world. But there are other parts that I know others really care about.

If we think some parts are delayed by Ford to make their way into the parts department, I could see some guys banding together to get each other parts. Like a black diamond guy getting a winch and a roof rack and selling to his buddy locally with a sasquatch. Like a donor car for specific parts. We could team up and beat the system! Haha. Kidding. But not really.

Anyway - thoughts on how long delays will be for the parts department? Will Yakima and other collaborative vendors be able to sell directly, away from Ford?

this thread is more to brainstorm around workarounds, rather than complain. So let’s please keep it productive.
Couple things:

1. My understanding is that the Yakima rack is just replacement cross bars to interface with their products. You still need the Ford rack to start with.

2. Just because you can’t order something from the factory because of compatibility concerns doesn’t mean it’s not actually available. If anything, the inability to order racks from the factory may actually *increase* their availability through the parts counter. (Suppliers would still be making them at the same rate.)

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re right. Yakima is only the crossbars.

problem solved -
Take delivery without sound deadening and roof rack. Use Ford Points towards roof rack (since there’s no aftermarket). And get a better sound deadened from hotheads for probably the same cost. Graphite looks to match MIC very nicely.
Ford Bronco Given GVWR update - How long until dealers could get parts from Ford? Potential workarounds 58982E62-2E45-4CC4-9979-B971405178D4

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no “workaround.”

If you load up your vehicle past it’s GVWR and then get in an accident you are legally liable. Period. If you exceed GVWR and then need a warranty issue looked at, it will be denied. If someone rear ends you and the insurance company finds out you are above GVWR they will deny the claim.

There is a limit to the vehicle’s weight. Exceed it and there will be consequences.

The issue isn’t “how do I get around this” .... the issue is why/how can Ford claim and sell a vehicle under the banner of “most capable” (Sasquatch) yet at the same time and because of its capabilities (Sasquatch) be so crippled as to not even be capable of carrying a roof rack (let alone TOW its meager 3500lbs).

It’s a joke.

JK

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not entirely true if you watch the video. He said build and price is designed in a way that it assumes you check all boxes for parts (worst case scenario), and as such, some items get locked out. It doesnt mean the reality of the situation puts you at danger (unless you add a significant amount of items). Unfortunately, the ordering system is setup the same way, so youre locked out from ordering similar to what is reflected on BnP.

Now, if you add multiple things that are locked out of BnP afterwards, then yes, weight may actually become somewhat problematic. But the sillier things that dont have much weight, like a rack, or sound deadening foam, or PPF (great example), then I dont think youre at risk.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not entirely true. In the video he said build and price is designed in a way that it assumes you check all boxes for parts (worst case scenario), and as such, some items get locked out. It doesnt mean the reality of the situation puts you at danger (unless you add a significant amount of items). Unfortunately, the ordering system is setup the same way, so youre locked out from ordering similar to what is reflected on BnP.
B&P code isn’t keeping FE four doors from towing.

There is a weight issue with this vehicle. Where there is smoke there is fire.

JK

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What exactly did the video say about GVWR? Did it give a number? That's probably been one of my bigger concerns.

Am I going to be able to fit my family and all of our gear in it without exceeding the GVWR?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That i understand. I guess it depends what you're trying to workaround. If it's towing, then yes, I certainly see, and agree, with your stance. But for the guys not towing, that just want to add basic, light items, like sound deadening, or a roof rack, etc., they are not really putting themselves at harms way just because of the way B&P is coded.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That i understand. I guess it depends what you're trying to workaround. If it's towing, then yes, I certainly see, and agree, with your stance. But for the guys not towing, that just want to add basic, light items, like sound deadening, or a roof rack, etc., they are not really putting themselves at harms way just because of the way B&P is coded.
If the B&P really works this way it’s most likely in part because it’s keeping a “reserve” set aside for things like driver/passenger. Which means while you may be able to bolt things on after you take possession and still be under weight when you put people or gear in it (withsaid items bolted on) you then exceed GVWR.

Again, between the “behavior” of the B&P, Ford’s insistence on not revealing the targeted GVWR and now the FE towing issue .... there is a weight issue with this vehicle. Think about that for a minute. You can’t tow with the “flagship” four-door FE and they would rather tell you that then simply tell us what the GVWR will be!

Ford sure looks like it is trying very hard to either fix it before order books open or (most likely) keep it quiet until orders are in (see FE issue above).

Smoke, fire.

JK

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok ill ask here since the other thread is getting out of hand

What is the big hold up with GVWR? I come from the mustang world so why is GVWR such a big deal right now?

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's my understanding that the issue with GVWR is not actual safety of the vehicle, its weightclass. Ford wants to win this weight class (the one that the Wrangler is in).

Think of a light heavyweight boxer at the top edge of his weight restriction. If he adds 10 pounds is he somehow unhealthy and going to collapse under his own weight? Or does he simply have to move up to a new weight class, under rules and regulations, and compete against much larger boxers at the top of that class?

Ford wants to avoid that so that they can say "best in class blah blah blah" on a variety of statistics that they could not say it for if they moved up.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a Jeep guy so these are just basically questions...
Does Jeep sell their jeeps with 35s or basically the ford version of Sasquatch?

I get Ford is concerned with selling a vehicle close too GVWR but also wanting to stay within a certain weight class to claim “best” in said class.
But if Jeep were selling a Sasquatch version of their Jeep’s my guess is that they too would be butting up or over their said weight class restriction...
I think Ford wanting to be the aftermarket for their bronco vs Jeep buyers buying typically aftermarket for their mods has created this weight issue for Ford...
Just thinking out loud...

Just spillballing, like I said I’m not a Jeep guy..

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no “workaround.”

If you load up your vehicle past it’s GVWR and then get in an accident you are legally liable. Period. If you exceed GVWR and then need a warranty issue looked at, it will be denied. If someone rear ends you and the insurance company finds out you are above GVWR they will deny the claim.

There is a limit to the vehicle’s weight. Exceed it and there will be consequences.

The issue isn’t “how do I get around this” .... the issue is why/how can Ford claim and sell a vehicle under the banner of “most capable” (Sasquatch) yet at the same time and because of its capabilities (Sasquatch) be so crippled as to not even be capable of carrying a roof rack (let alone TOW its meager 3500lbs).

It’s a joke.

JK

It seems to me like some marketing genious wants to be able to say that the Bronco is "Best In Class" by having it have the same GVWR as the Wrangler when they could have given it more capability by having a higher GVWR. It's a stupid decision that only makes sense to people who drive commuter cars. They should bump up the GVWR so that the Bronco can carry all of the available options, a goodly amount of camping gear and tow a halfway decent sized trailer. What good is a trail rig that can only carry a half full cooler before it is overweight?

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regardless of the reason, if the GVWR is set/certified with the DOT that’s the ACTUAL GVWR.

Exceed it and there are consequences.

I personally don’t think it’s a “class” thing - legally there is no “class.” It’s ALL marketing.

I have a hunch that when the Sasquatch package is applied the vehicle (4door) is so close to GVWR that it’s basically a single occupant scenario.

There is something going on with the weight and Sasquatch and it’s bullsh*t that Ford is hiding it two weeks from order banks opening.

JK
Sponsored