Sponsored

Given it is too late for anything to change, but we don't know what is there.....

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Start stop on a manual is actually less annoying than in an auto. While you’re depressing the clutch the engine kicks back on and as soon as you’re letting it back out, it’s already going.
I'd never thought about that, if it only turns off when in neutral with clutch out, that actually sounds great. Start stop drove me nuts on the auto vehicles I've driven but with a manual it sounds fine. Would only turn off when I actually don't mind it being off, I'm only going to be in neutral with the clutch out if I'll be sitting for a while.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd never thought about that, if it only turns off when in neutral with clutch out, that actually sounds great. Start stop drove me nuts on the auto vehicles I've driven but with a manual it sounds fine. Would only turn off when I actually don't mind it being off, I'm only going to be in neutral with the clutch out if I'll be sitting for a while.
I’m curious now, what happens if you put it in first without depressing the clutch? That actually sounds pretty cool if you could leave it “primed” in first gear and still have the engine off: I guess problem would be if the engine starts again you would start rolling though lol

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there was no pressure on it you could engage first while motor is off without clutch in. My first vehicle didn’t require clutch to be engaged to start.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there was no pressure on it you could engage first while motor is off without clutch in. My first vehicle didn’t require clutch to be engaged to start.
I think all manuals you can put it in gear without the clutch when the engine is stopped (at least regular cars idk about super cars) but I’m curious if you do that while the engine is stopped, will it force the engine to stay off even if the AC becomes warm etc?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nick....why don't you use your influence & make next week "3-door spy shot" week

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
nick....why don't you use your influence & make next week "3-door spy shot" week
My buddy is now working on "another program" (He probably doesn't want to tell me so I stop bugging him lol) so my influence is tapped out.

With how staged all these photos are, I'm sure the Administrator already has them and is photoshopping the watermarks as we speak though :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think all manuals you can put it in gear without the clutch when the engine is stopped (at least regular cars idk about super cars) but I’m curious if you do that while the engine is stopped, will it force the engine to stay off even if the AC becomes warm etc?
Huh, yeah, that would be pretty funny. Put it in first with the engine off...you sit for too long so the engine fires back up and shoots you into the car in front of you.

I'm imagining there must be some sort of failsafe to prevent that but I have no idea

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh, yeah, that would be pretty funny. Put it in first with the engine off...you sit for too long so the engine fires back up and shoots you into the car in front of you.

I'm imagining there must be some sort of failsafe to prevent that but I have no idea
No start without clutch depressed.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! That's a major one. 500+ miles of range would be amazing.
Granted, my lead foot and mods would make it a bit less, but still

Feel unless it's a Truck, Ford's fuel tanks are small ('12/13 Escape, '16 Mustang Ecoboost)

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

here is one thing I thought of that I cannot stand about newer vehicles that I wish/hope you can turn off. The other day I went to move a truck in the shop and I left the door open, foot on brake, put in gear to move it. Took my foot off the brake …. "click",computer put it back in park because the door was open. BUNCH OF SHIT !!!! Sorry but that annoyed me. My 08 F-150 is not like that. Went to pull a jeep in the shop the other day, foot on brake, move the shifter to reverse, went to back up and realized the parking brake was on. Released the parking brake, still won't move, look down and the "R" on the shifter is flashing. Back in Park, try again. Foot on brake, put in reverse, foot off brake car moves. I didn't do it in the right sequence and the computer says not gonna move. Let me tell you what the first time I am trying to maneuver in the woods and something like this happens in my Bronco and I will never take it in the woods again. Maybe you'all might like this stuff but I can't stand it. I know how to operate a vehicle, I don't need the computer trying to "outthink" me I need it to do what I am telling it. I am not on my phone and I do not need something watching out for me I am paying attention unlike 85% of the other drivers out there. When I took my test I had to actually operate the car and it was a stick ( 85 omni to be exact) for the record. I agree with all of you on that aspect. If I was a cop givinga driving exam the first time the person looked at their phone …... failed !!! Turn the phone off you are supposed to be driving !!!! that is how you kill innocent people !!as bad a s driving drunk !!!

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That star trek actor got crushed by his grand Cherokee, and a few other folks getting hurt are why all these wonderful nannies exist. If it saves just one child...
[/sarcasm]

I hate nannies too.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In no particular order:
  • Earthtone colors: sand, ochre, olive, forest etc, non-metallic. Tired of silver, magnetic, black, white vehicles
  • Non-black wheels: metal or body color finish.
  • Put all the Nanny-tech in a package I don't have to order. Permanent "Off" setting for A.S.S.
  • Cloth seats, vinyl floor, full gauges incl tranny temp.
  • Opposed- rather than parallel-sweep windshield wipers.
  • LATCH anchors that are more easily accessible (Fords are the worst).
  • Bench or 40/20/40 front seat std or available in base/XL trim, fold flat rear.
  • Power locking tailgate, locking outside spare
  • Fuel filler on the left <
  • Amber rear turn signals
  • Cargo hooks in the load space incl the backs of the front seats
  • Rear view camera washer or installed in the rear wiper sweep area

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That star trek actor got crushed by his grand Cherokee, and a few other folks getting hurt are why all these wonderful nannies exist. If it saves just one child...
[/sarcasm]

I hate nannies too.
It's also sort of beta testing for fully autonomous vehicles; for the tech, and social conditioning.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
here is one thing I thought of that I cannot stand about newer vehicles that I wish/hope you can turn off. The other day I went to move a truck in the shop and I left the door open, foot on brake, put in gear to move it. Took my foot off the brake …. "click",computer put it back in park because the door was open. BUNCH OF SHIT !!!! Sorry but that annoyed me. My 08 F-150 is not like that. Went to pull a jeep in the shop the other day, foot on brake, move the shifter to reverse, went to back up and realized the parking brake was on. Released the parking brake, still won't move, look down and the "R" on the shifter is flashing. Back in Park, try again. Foot on brake, put in reverse, foot off brake car moves. I didn't do it in the right sequence and the computer says not gonna move. Let me tell you what the first time I am trying to maneuver in the woods and something like this happens in my Bronco and I will never take it in the woods again. Maybe you'all might like this stuff but I can't stand it. I know how to operate a vehicle, I don't need the computer trying to "outthink" me I need it to do what I am telling it. I am not on my phone and I do not need something watching out for me I am paying attention unlike 85% of the other drivers out there. When I took my test I had to actually operate the car and it was a stick ( 85 omni to be exact) for the record. I agree with all of you on that aspect. If I was a cop givinga driving exam the first time the person looked at their phone …... failed !!! Turn the phone off you are supposed to be driving !!!! that is how you kill innocent people !!as bad a s driving drunk !!!
Sounds terrible, it's also confusing and will lead to more problems rather than just simple, also if one is caught using a phone during the driving portion of the test it's an automatic failure
Sponsored