Sponsored

Given it is too late for anything to change, but we don't know what is there.....

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like everyone else here, I want simple and practical. I want knobs and buttons, not menus on a touch screen.

Things I don't want:
Auto start stop garbage. If you must include it, let me permanently turn it off.
Automatic braking and lane keep. No safety Nanny's, I'm the driver not a computer.
No Carpet. Metal, rubber, bed liner, anything like that for the floors.
Let me turn off the seatbelt chime/alarm

Things I would like:

Manual transmission. Probably highest on my need list
Keyless entry and ignition. I've been spoiled and love leaving my keys in my pocket
Automatic headlights
Lots of USB ports
Heated seats and wheel
Lockers front, center, and rear
Under side armor
Front bench seat
Optional 3rd row seating in 4 door, easily removable
Small wheels but large tires. None of this 20 inch wheels crap
No way it won't have auto start/stop or a way to turn off seatbelt chime. There are cheap aftermarket solutions for turning auto start/stop off permanently but I think you will get most of your wants aside from 3rd row and front bench seat
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way it won't have auto start/stop or a way to turn off seatbelt chime. There are cheap aftermarket solutions for turning auto start/stop off permanently ...
An equivalent of the Tazer for Bronco. As much as I'd rather just not have all the little alarms and automatic nannies in the first place, I know they're going to put most of them in. So I'd definitely want a tool to turn that junk off and not have to do it every time I get in or start up.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally, I don't want much as far as overall structure. I want close to the same interior volume as the 4Runner (I loved the size of the one I drove, and figured the rear cargo area was probably even more than I need, so a little bit smaller is okay), fold flat rear seats, a manual transmission, and a decent towing capacity. The options I want are a bit more extensive, as I'll likely have every option that isn't off-road related. I REALLY want a TTV6, and I'll be PISSED if they have one but don't offer it with a manual, but I guess it won't be a dealbreaker as long as the 4 can tow what I need it to (which it can in the Ranger)

I also hated commuting in that thing after a awhile.
I gotta say, I never really understood this. I get more annoyed holding the brake in my automatic truck in traffic trying to prevent the creep than I do pumping the clutch in any of my manuals... at least clutch slippage is all under my control

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
No way it won't have auto start/stop or a way to turn off seatbelt chime. There are cheap aftermarket solutions for turning auto start/stop off permanently but I think you will get most of your wants aside from 3rd row and front bench seat
How would the auto start/stop work with a manual transmission? That would be so distracting and weird.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How would the auto start/stop work with a manual transmission? That would be so distracting and weird.
Neutral shuts engine off, clutch in turns it back on. Same way the stall prevention works in VWs

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Start stop on a manual is actually less annoying than in an auto. While you’re depressing the clutch the engine kicks back on and as soon as you’re letting it back out, it’s already going.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the topic had been beaten to death bit for me who commutes in pretty heavy traffic every day I'm happy to have it. It does make a difference when you are sitting in stop and go.

Wolperdinger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd prefer Analog. Basically, the less electronics I have to worry aboot, the better
I dunno dude, I'd say least upgrade from the vacuum tube radio to the transistor radio. But if you really need that analog tube warmth, I get it.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Start stop on a manual is actually less annoying than in an auto. While you’re depressing the clutch the engine kicks back on and as soon as you’re letting it back out, it’s already going.
Sounds like then if you just keep the clutch in while stopped say at a light then the engine never turns off at all.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta say, I never really understood this. I get more annoyed holding the brake in my automatic truck in traffic trying to prevent the creep than I do pumping the clutch in any of my manuals... at least clutch slippage is all under my control
I drove in NYC traffic during rush hour with my Audi

Yeah, bit of a pain, but once I'm on the turnpike, it's all good again

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno dude, I'd say least upgrade from the vacuum tube radio to the transistor radio. But if you really need that analog tube warmth, I get it.
I mean speedometer and stuff, at least the essential stuff.

If my digital display goes, it's all good as long as I can see my speed and tach

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Every day is leg day.
I ride motorcycles and drive manual cars everyday. I never take it out of gear and let the clutch. I'm always in gear and ready to go in the event something happens. New hydraulic clutches are nothing compared to some of the old heavy pressure plate cable clutches like the 2003 Cobra I had. I also prefer clutches in traffic too. I hate coasting autos.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

-manual trans
-bedliner/vinyl or similar floor throughout
-pleather/leather seats for easy cleaning
-heated seats
-as little electrical as possible throughout the interior
-easily removable or at least fold flat rear seats

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally forgot

Big fuel tank for the 2dr. Jeepster's complain their 18.x gallon for the 2drs too small for them
Sponsored